With over 40,000 copies sold of the three previous editions, I’m very pleased to announce the latest title hot off the SitePoint production line:
One of the most popular PHP books for beginners, this shiny new 4th edition has been completely updated using only best-practice PHP.
In this book you’ll learn how to:
- install PHP 5 and MySQL 5 on Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X
- gain a thorough understanding of PHP syntax
- master database design principles and SQL
- build a working content management system
- add, edit, and delete web content without using HTML
- create an ecommerce shopping cart
- utilize sessions and cookies to track site visitors
- craft SEO-friendly and memorable URLs
And a whole lot more …
At around 480 pages, this book is an easy read. As you move through the book you’ll quickly notice that it’s written in a clear tutorial format that’s easy to understand, and illustrated with plenty of screenshots and diagrams, providing quick visual cues. If you hate wading through dry, academic-style “how to” texts, this book will be a breath of fresh air to you.
If you’ve never built a database driven web site and you’re looking to go beyond the limitations of a static site, this book will start you off in no time.
And if you have built database driven web sites before, the extensive PHP/MySQL reference guides included will ensure this book remains an extremely handy desk reference.