- The PHP Extension and Application Repository (or PEAR) framework comprises reusable components. These components or "packages" solve specific problems encountered by developers working on PHP-based Web applications.The PEAR site is located at http://www.pear.php.net/
- Perl is one of the original server side scripting languages. It is still popular today.
- PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially well-suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML.
- PNG is an image file format popular on the Web and elsewhere. It is intended as a replacement for the GIF image format. PNG stands recursively for "PNG's Not GIF" but is commonly referred to as "Portable Network Graphics". PNG is not affected by software patents. Its compression algorithm is slightly better than GIF, and it supports many more image file formats including 24-bit colour and alpha (variable transparency) channels. With the exception of alpha channels, PNG is well-supported in recent graphics software and Web browsers.
- Procedural programming
- A programming methodology involving a linear, 'shopping list' approach to programming. This contrasts with the more abstracted approach of 'Object Oriented Programming'