SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can you do with codeigniter that you cant with wordpress?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to add this post.

But I've search everywhere I specific example why I should learn codeigniter when I already know php and Wordpress.

Is there anything that I can add on website using codeigniter that I cannot implement using Wordpress example If I am asked to build exact same site one using wordpress and the other codeigniter what can I do with codeigniter that I wouldnt be able to with Wordpress Backend and Front end??

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Jeff Mott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think either limits what you can do. After all, both CI and WP are themselves just PHP code. A better question is: Which one makes your job easier? And the answer to that depends on what kind of site you're trying to build. WP is a CMS and probably better suited for static sites where the owner wants a WYSIWYG interface. Whereas CI is a framework and probably better suited for applications with custom requirements.
    "First make it work. Then make it better."

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Probably asking to much but do you happen to know any site that has applications with custom requirements codeigniter that I can see? if not I still understand what you mean.
    thanks once again

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Jeff Mott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the CodeIgniter homepage, look at the bottom right, under the heading "Built on CodeIgniter."
    "First make it work. Then make it better."