User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enlarge Screenshot For Print - Photoshop

Hi all.

I have somewhat of a problem. I am trying to take screenshots of websites I have designed and print them out on paper. The problem I have having is that the images are printing out too small. Is there a way to take the screenshot, and have it print out larger than it would normally be?

When I try to print it out on an 8x10 page, the images are too small, and I'd like to increase them so that they are more readable.

If you could lend a tip, I would be stress-free!
    ...Shakes

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid that you will always be disappointed with screen shots printed out. Sounds like you are trying to put the screenshot into a 300ppi document in photoshop. Keep in mind that what you have saved from the web is 72/96 ppi. Create a document, in Photoshop, at 72ppi and paste your screen shot into that and see what happens, but you are still going to be very disappointed with your print quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fdeaton
    I'm afraid that you will always be disappointed with screen shots printed out. Sounds like you are trying to put the screenshot into a 300ppi document in photoshop. Keep in mind that what you have saved from the web is 72/96 ppi. Create a document, in Photoshop, at 72ppi and paste your screen shot into that and see what happens, but you are still going to be very disappointed with your print quality.
    Or he could try pushing his monitor resolution up as high as possible, probably 1600x1200, and then take the screenshots. Since I occasionally print out lower quality 1600x1200 images to 8x10 prints, the quality shouldn't be too bad.
    - John
    IT Security & Networks, .NET & PHP Developer
    Business Horizons | MD Review | RNRexpo
    Personal sites: Ferrari Wallpaper | Car Wallpaper

SitePoint Enthusiast pixelreview's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under Print with Preview use the selection handles and drag the image to fill your paper size.
    Digital Camera Software
    http://www.justrightclick.com
    -Eric Smith