SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howto adjust text position in Photoshop 7

Ok, so I have 100+ images and a certain text has to be added to each one of them. The text should appear in exactly the same spot in each image. How can I do this ? I'm using Photoshop 7, format is EPS. This is easy one for you Photoshop gurus out there.
    "-Surely you can't be serious ?
    -Yes I am serious...and don't call me Shirley."

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest using an Action (and a Batch Process if you are comfortable with them) across the files, but only if the images are nearly the same size. It is easy enough to put the text in the location (especially if it's top left, center or right corner), but if you have some images that are 400 px tall and others that are 700 px tall, and you want the text aligned at the bottom, then on some it will look a bit off, obviously. I assume these are watermarks?

Anyways, in Photoshop, create a new Action, and then record it as you go along (you may want to try this a few times until you get it right, then create a final Action) type your text on a chosen file, position it as you desire, and then do whatever else is needed (new layers, save, export, etc.). To the best of my knowledge, Photoshop will remember the numerical coordinates for the text and simply replicate this on all your chosen files, plus any other formatting you want to use.

Be sure to take your chosen files before you add the Action and back them up before you begin, so to avoid any horrible tragedies if this process doesn't work out on all of your images.

geof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna try to solve this with Action.

The image size is standard 1417px (width) * 930px (height).
    "-Surely you can't be serious ?
    -Yes I am serious...and don't call me Shirley."