SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently installed Microsoft Instant Messanger on my so called peice of junk of a computer! It has added a nice little button to my navigation bar to when I click it - MS IM loads up. I also have ICQ on my computer and have come to the conclusion that MS IM is far better but I all my friends and all the people I ever talk to on the internet use ICQ, can I change the button so when I click on it, it loads ICQ instead of MS IM ?

cheers

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you can't

You can remove the MSN IM icon from the Internet Explorer tools bar, and add the ICQ shortcut to your QuickLaunch tray. Just copy it to c:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually you can. This is one of the great things about how Internet Explorer stores a favorite.

Each favorite is actually stored as a shortcut. You can do one of two things to make ICQ or any other program available within Internet Explorer.

First you can copy shortcuts into your Favorites Folder for these Applications.

The better solution is the "Links" toolbar. Simply drag and drop your ICQ shortcut on this toolbar and it will always be accessible. This is how a couple of the Internet Explorer Power toys are added to the toolbars.

Since you can overlay toolbars, opening the Links bar won't take more space. Just place it over one of the others. Double clicking on the title or the drag handle will open it up for use.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------