SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: MS Front Page

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since 4 years ago I have been using Ms FP. Its nice and all but very limited. What other Web page designer software do you guys recommend? I still need the automatic Updating feature of FP.
    Looking for webhosting?
    Complete review of hosting services, including dedicated and Cobalt Raqs.
    http://www.webhostingvillage.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure, but care to try Macromedia's Dreamweaver?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, the other "Big Boy" out there would be Dreamweaver, which I personnaly use for the frame work of my sites then use Allarie Homesite a very good WYSIWYG editor, it has support for Cold Fusion, Java, ASP and I think someone even said C++(don't quote me on that one), I have also been playing around with Dreamweaver ultradev and might even switch to that eventualy.

Basicaly there a million and one programs out there and everyone has there own prefrances and needs so it sometimes is a matter of trying some of the trial software and see how you like it.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by VW
    Since 4 years ago I have been using Ms FP. Its nice and all but very limited. What other Web page designer software do you guys recommend? I still need the automatic Updating feature of FP.
    I don't think FrontPage 2000 is limited. But if you have been using the same version for 4 years then it would be...what version are you using? Express? FP 97? FP 98? FP2k?

Try the demo of Dreamweaver - http://www.macromedia.com/ if you don't like FP.