SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

I'm trying to follow the installation instructions from the online manual but I'm stuck. This is my first time installing any kind of bulletin board.

Here's the problem:

I logged in to my directory via FTP and created a directory called "forum". I uploaded all the necessary files in to that directory and tried running the "install.php" file. I just selected the file and hit "execute" from the FTP program. All I got was the Notepad window open and it said that I'm not running PHP on my server. My host DOES have
    PHP and SQL so that's not the problem. What is?

I know in the "config.php" file I entered my username and password and I left the servername the way it was (localhost). It didn't work. I then changed the servername to my host's IP address but it still didn't work.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't know what to do. I've contacted my host, I'm just waiting for them to get back to me, I just figured I'd post something here.

thanks.
    fade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, you're supposed to visit it from your browser...and then delete the install.php and installtemplate.php files as soon as you're done with them (otherwise someone else could obviously setup your board like you can with their own info!).

Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

you neeed to execute it through your browser, e.g. type something like this in the address bar;

http://www.yoursite.com/forum/install.php

vBulletin will then take you through the steps.

Hope this helps,

Padraic Lavin

Advertising Free Message Boards $5/mo
    Instant Setup. ForumCo.com