SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post how to setup a domain to VPS hosting server.

hello friends,

I am from India. I have a domain in Bigrock.in (bigrock.com) and godady.com . I have a linux VPS hosting in FDCservers.net . I have setup everything along with Cpannel.

My problem:

How to setup a Bigrock.in (bigrock.com) and godady.com domain to my VPS hosting. Where can i find the Namse servers. how to do it. Any one please help me......

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi prasanthsvvsn,

You first have to find out what is the I.P. that is allocated to your Bigrock VPS. When you have this information then in godaddy.com you then need to set your DNS to point to this I.P.

Here is a link to managing your dns names on godaddy.com: http://support.godaddy.com/help/arti...r-domain-names. On the bottom you will see 'Adding or editing A records'. A Records are what you will need to setup to point your VPS I.P to your www and non-www domain name.

Regards,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by prasanthsvvsn View Post
    hello friends,

I am from India. I have a domain in Bigrock.in (bigrock.com) and godady.com . I have a linux VPS hosting in FDCservers.net . I have setup everything along with Cpannel.

My problem:

How to setup a Bigrock.in (bigrock.com) and godady.com domain to my VPS hosting. Where can i find the Namse servers. how to do it. Any one please help me......
    ictus==""

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to create the child name server for your domain then mapp it to your vps with the nameserver.