SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wordpress with forum

Hi, I'm serious about a forum start up just like sitepoint but in another niche entirely in my country. Please can anyone please just explain how sitepoint was able to make the home page a wordpress blog type before a user can then click on to forum.

I will also be purchasing Vbulletin 5. I want my homepage to be like a wordpress blog just like sitepoint.com then user too can later click to go to forum.How much customization and software do i need. I will appreciate your response.

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talk2d View Post
    Hi, I'm serious about a forum start up just like sitepoint but in another niche entirely in my country. Please can anyone please just explain how sitepoint was able to make the home page a wordpress blog type before a user can then click on to forum.

I will also be purchasing Vbulletin 5. I want my homepage to be like a wordpress blog just like sitepoint.com then user too can later click to go to forum.How much customization and software do i need. I will appreciate your response.

Thanks

To do this you will need a wordpress install on the root domain...then just create a folder...perhaps call it forum...then install the forum in its own folder...lastly you will want to link to it from the navigation on your root domain...

Hope this helps...
    Deb

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Do i really need a lot of customization?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main website uses a Wordpress theme...called Thesis...it is a premium theme...most of the customization of a Wordpress site comes from the theme used...there are tons available both free and paid.

Just do a google search for "Wordpress Thesis Theme" to learn more about this particular theme...

Deb

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwilliams View Post
    The main website uses a Wordpress theme...called Thesis...it is a premium theme...most of the customization of a Wordpress site comes from the theme used...there are tons available both free and paid.

Just do a google search for "Wordpress Thesis Theme" to learn more about this particular theme...

Deb
    Here is the link to Thesis theme:

http://diythemes.com/

FYI there were big changes with version 2 - which came out fairly recently. A lot of people are sticking with version 1.85. I certainly am for now. Just so you know