Red face Please Review my WEDDING website

I'd love a review for my website: http://weddingscribbles.com

Let me know what you think. Thank you!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I kind of like this site, even though I'm no where near getting married. The top menus are well organized, as is the content below and the aside. I guess the only thing I would suggest is having a slightly darker font that's still within the theme of the site to make it a little easier to read. Then, for some reason, the clock on the nav bar is reading on the international dateline.

But, for the most part everything looks and functions just fine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like fonts color and the simple design, it also quickly to open .... congratulation

<snip />
    Last edited by DaveMaxwell; Mar 7, 2013 at 07:58. Reason: please wait your 90 days for your signature

SitePoint Enthusiast claire0917's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your reviews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice, I like the colors, they go well together. As teknoaxe said, the links are a little hard to focus on, maybe try #468d8d which is a couple shades darker. Very well put together website though.
    Web and Graphic Design Inspiration Blog - Enfuzed

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it is a free or purchased template, there is no point in addressing the design; but it is way to light, like trying to read white on white. You need much more contrast. Very difficult to read, and hard on the eyes.
    William Otis
    Flamenco aficionado and Freelance Web designer
    www.dreammakergraphics.com/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    instead of "older entries", you can put numbers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: i would put just a little more padding around the main menu links
    2: the login / register links COULD go to the right of the logo, so as to save some space
    3: aside from all that: well done!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I adjusted the colors a bit and im doing more experimenting. Thank you all for your reviews!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site . . . i like the fonts and colors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the ads next to the posts on the home page. I feel like the page would look much cleaner if the ads were off to the right side of the page instead. I would make the logo and text "Awesome Wedding Tips, Ideas and Inspirations" a little bigger, but maybe that's just me. I tried to find other things I would change, but your website is really slick. Nice work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just took a quick look. I think there are way too many options on the home page. Just doing a quick count there are over 30 things I can click on without scrolling. I like your 5 options in the top menu. Featuring those even more would be a good idea. Consider getting rid of ads (at least on home page) and maybe get rid of the right side bar or simplify it so it doesn't add another 7 links. I do think the coloring and overall look is clean and effective.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point has already been made by other users here, but I too was put off by the overwhelming amount of content on the homepage. There's just so much going on, I felt my first inclination was to run away. A couple of specifics:

-There are two nav bars. I don't understand why. It seems like all of this can go on one nav bar (and you can get rid of the descriptions while you're at it too).
    -The font size for the headers is too small. This is a symptom of there just being too much content here. Think about how HuffingtonPost handles their headlines. They have a very specific user action in mind -- they want you to click on that one enormous headline and get sucked into their world. You could do the same thing with your carousel.
    -The wedding music player felt really out of place. If I want to find/listen to music, I'll go to that location on your site. I really don't think this needs to be delivered upfront.
    -The ads in the center of the homepage were really brutal. It made the whole experience feel cheap and content farm-y. If you're a new site and trying to build up a community of users, I see no reason why you'd want to pimp advertisements like this.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks a little spammy, a lot of the ads arent related to the content also, but I guess thats hard to adjust.
    Maybe a nice sliding banner image would lift the site a lot.
    I know you have a text and image slider but I find a site feels more real with great, appropriate imagery as the focus of the top of the page. maybe a backgound image could help convey that idea as well, instead of just plain white.
    Maybe removing the post dates will help the site to appear fresh if you dont intend to keep posting weekly. I often do that with my wordpress sites, makes things look cleaner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make bigger width for search box and add something "ads" or other things on your header.

That I think your site will look better.
    9HWD.com - The HD Wallpapers Network.
    FB covers

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the content of your wedding website. It's just that in your 2-part article (like wedding vows for the bride and the groom) you used the same image. Well, it's kinda bit confusing (for me) because the first thing that I saw was the image (before reading the content). For me, it's best if you will use different images even if it's a 2-part article
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you site is a little less impressive. when i closed it, i cant recollect the main color or other things, i think it would be better if you choose a certain color as a dominant style . and if you can add a "about us" part, it might be nice to makes your visitor have a direct access to know about you

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is good website. just update it regulary basis.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know why, whether its my side problem or yours, when I first opened the link it showed "error establishing database connection", but then I refreshed the page now its working.
    Rest, I really liked the color scheme and also the content that you have added is interesting. So, for me its a good website.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was my site this is what I would do :

Definitely add more color to the design
    Change the background to be more about the 'wedding' or newly weds (for example maybe a pair of rings)
    More pictures would make the place more entertaining
    Or even a nice horizontal slider would look very nice I think...

Just my two cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your site, but you need to work on SEO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow i havent checked for a while and im surprised to see so many reviews! Thank you everyone! Im currently prioritizing on seo rather than getting the look to perfection, it can wait. Thanks for your inputs!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your website is quite good. But I think your homepage should be attractive, clean with less contents. Font colors should be darker to make it look more impressive.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi Claire, i visited you website and its perfect but it is focusing on the specific strata. But in my opinion you have to resign your website which should be user friendly interface and also covers the whole world alongwith their culture wedding norms and values instead of just focusing on the European, American, etc.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest you to use captcha at forum registration to avoid spammers.
    Use High quality and large images. The images you are using are perfect just increase the size of images and add at-least 2 big images.