SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe its of no use, in fact i don't even invite my friends to like my page unless i feel they or their circle are related to my field. Some of my facebook friends are also my clients (i am a copywriter) and i often get request from them to like some page(Which i hardly do unless i have any reason to do so). At the end of the day the only good that can come from unrelated facebook like is a small chance of empty traffic back to your site, provided you had your web link posted on your page. But this is of little use and could even increase bounce rate of your website since these people have little or no reason to check your website.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneK View Post
    Risky tactics - you will first get temporary ban for two weeks if somebody will make a single complain.

Getting back to buying likes - whoever says its working has no idea on how Facebook works (sorry guys)

Buying fake likes, and ending up with 100k likes but 0 conversations will bring your EdgeRank down to the floor and trust me - it's heck of a pain to get it back.
    If you want your company to be on the 20+ Facebook's SERP, go ahead and buy likes.
    Yes its a risky tactics. But it should be done in a mannered way. Not like open fire. to post our link on one or two pages will not be that dangerous if it be done in a good way.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mariawinslet View Post
    You are rite friend. Its true.
    Thanks mariawinslet. Its obvious that if we are not getting any traffic even with buying likes. It means it is not the way we can solve our purpose.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will Never Worth. First you should understand what is meaning of Like in Facebook !!! Like should come automatically. Instead of spending money on buying likes Spend some money and time on making your page more attractive and helpful for audience :-)
    PHP Programming Itís more than just writing code

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just numbers which can be a trust factor for future marketing. So considering the low cost I'd totally go for it.
    They're all spam accounts anyway.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adammbsmith View Post
    It's just numbers which can be a trust factor for future marketing. So considering the low cost I'd totally go for it.
    They're all spam accounts anyway.
    So you have no problem with deceiving visitors in order to build "trust"? Hardly seems the right approach to me. Nor would I ever encourage spammers by paying them (or by any other means).

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Since:

1. This thread was started March 5
    2. We seemed to have heard both sides of the debate repeatedly
    3. The OP has not returned to respond to replies

THREAD CLOSED
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown