SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57
  1. #26
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of buying likes, just find large group and pay them to share link on your group...

  2. #27
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that it works for some business. Some people see that their friends like a vendor, if they are looking for that particular service they would click in to check out the company. It's more like a referral.

  3. #28
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,685
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roseli View Post
    I heard that it works for some business. Some people see that their friends like a vendor, if they are looking for that particular service they would click in to check out the company. It's more like a referral.
    That implies that (a) the likes you are buying are actual people, (b) their friends are interested and (c) they ever see the action.

    In order to sell likes at the rate of thousands for a few dollars whatever accounts are being used would have to like so many pages every day that it would seem impossible for much of any network effect especially considering EdgeRank.
    - Ted S

  4. #29
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    That implies that (a) the likes you are buying are actual people, (b) their friends are interested and (c) they ever see the action.

    In order to sell likes at the rate of thousands for a few dollars whatever accounts are being used would have to like so many pages every day that it would seem impossible for much of any network effect especially considering EdgeRank.
    Ted, how do you think - how many likes do you need to buy in order to produce any network effect?

    Also the prices I've came across the cheapest is 5000 likes for $17 - it's really too cheap for real likes.
    What about the companies that sell shares now - anyone had experience with them?

  5. #30
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes of course buying Face Book likes really works only with Face Book Paid Campaign,it reaches your page to thousand of users and you can get minimum status for likes

  6. #31
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,685
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneK View Post
    Ted, how do you think - how many likes do you need to buy in order to produce any network effect?

    Also the prices I've came across the cheapest is 5000 likes for $17 - it's really too cheap for real likes.
    What about the companies that sell shares now - anyone had experience with them?
    You can't get a benefit from people seeing an action if there are no people to see it.

    5,000 likes for $17.... That boils down to about a third of a cent per like. Certainly no one is getting paid that sort of rate so the actions are either coming from fake profiles or compromised accounts. There's no network value in either of those.

    You can't get a benefit from being seen if there's nothing to see

    Furthermore for the company that to justify all the overhead of the system they have to sell likes right and left. Presumably they don't even do the "liking" themselves and simple resell up to a bigger system which means accounts are being used constantly and racking up actions.

    Liking something is already a tiny, tiny element in the activity system that's rarely shown in the feed as is. Even if you did get a 'real' account somewhere in there, Edgerank would kill the visibility given the sheer number of actions the account has (my friends just about never see my actions because of how much I do).

    When you're buying thousands for dollars you are getting junk. There's not going to be a response from that because there's no one to respond and certainly no one connected to them who cares. What you do get is a really crummy engagement ratio insuring that any real fans you've collected don't see your posts either.
    - Ted S

  7. #32
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,685
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Bryan View Post
    yes of course buying Face Book likes really works only with Face Book Paid Campaign,it reaches your page to thousand of users and you can get minimum status for likes
    What tangible benefit have you got from buying likes? For what page?
    - Ted S

  8. #33
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Bryan View Post
    yes of course buying Face Book likes really works only with Face Book Paid Campaign,it reaches your page to thousand of users and you can get minimum status for likes
    By Face Book Paid Campaign you mean their Adverts?
    Last edited by Shyflower; Mar 26, 2013 at 10:08. Reason: added bracket to quote

  9. #34
    SitePoint Member kingston123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most those peoples are like which are interested and they don't know what they are liking so its not much useful or work for site. You may find the some visitors thorugh this way but i think not so good for you.Peoples like from fake id's so its not work.

  10. #35
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook paid likes and exchange likes both are worthless.

  11. #36
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andewjohn258 View Post
    Yes buying facebook like really work and it will increase your no of like but it don't give you genuine like, but your authority of page increase by increase no of like on your page.
    Authority of page depends on the EdgeRank - buying fake likes won't boost it.
    What you really need is the engagement of your audience.

    http://www.whatisedgerank.com/

  12. #37
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, This time maximum people like and love the Facebook. So they buy the Facebook like to prove their popularity of the social media platform. When they include this feather in their website the visitors also believe that. And the search engine also give the priority of the social media. So this is good for your business.

  13. #38
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,685
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by critprod45ss View Post
    Yes, This time maximum people like and love the Facebook. So they buy the Facebook like to prove their popularity of the social media platform. When they include this feather in their website the visitors also believe that. And the search engine also give the priority of the social media. So this is good for your business.
    How does inactivity on your posts and page + decreased visibility of said posts help your business?
    - Ted S

  14. #39
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not good to buy facebook likes but if you are a startup and you don't want to invest on facebook ads then its your choice to either share good content and depend on others to share your content and get new likes or buy fake likes. Choice is yours.

  15. #40
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Social media is place to help to get traffic. So If we make Facebook page and buy likes for it. It will not last for long. Once we will have 100 likes. But then no one visit our page, no likes no comments. Simply means nobody is talking about our page. I hope you know about insights on a fanpage. After 30 likes we can see insights of our page. It tells about how many people visit our page, how many like or comment and how many people are talking about our products and services. Just once getting likes then no one will come back or talk about our page, this will not bring any traffic to our page. So just buying likes will not be of any use.

  16. #41
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile Good Point

    Quote Originally Posted by felixthomas View Post
    Social media is place to help to get traffic. So If we make Facebook page and buy likes for it. It will not last for long. Once we will have 100 likes. But then no one visit our page, no likes no comments. Simply means nobody is talking about our page. I hope you know about insights on a fanpage. After 30 likes we can see insights of our page. It tells about how many people visit our page, how many like or comment and how many people are talking about our products and services. Just once getting likes then no one will come back or talk about our page, this will not bring any traffic to our page. So just buying likes will not be of any use.
    You are rite friend. Its true.

  17. #42
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can't the deny the fact that nowadays if you are making webpage on Facebook account I don,t think so if there are working properly. Generally, some of the users of this stuff is just only aiming some followers. However, Please make an specific provider.

  18. #43
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many companies are taking the easy way out when it comes to their social networking campaigns. Instead of creating a thorough strategy that provides them with a large number of followers and great repertoire between their business and their customers, theyíre instead dishing out the cash and paying for Facebook likes.

    Youíre not generating content for real people

    Thereís no interaction

    They donít stick around

    You donít learn anything


    If you want to be successful and earn a large following, create a great plan and launch it, and leave your checkbook out of it.

  19. #44
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works for marketing. For real huge like from users, your business should be famous. To make it famous, marketing is needed. So for that initial boost buying facebook likes is a good option. When they see huge like in your page, they will think you as an reputed company and thus getting business. Once you are famous, the likes will flow automatically. Dont buy fake likes, buy real ones.

  20. #45
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Its not a Good strategy to attract customers. There are lots of sites which gives you fake followers & fake likes. But its of no use. Cause you will not able to understand how many there are real customers who are really interested in your page activity. So its better to get genuine like or followers. So my suggestion will be try to get real & genuine likes.

  21. #46
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works for some business but till now I'm not sure that facebook likes are helpful

  22. #47
    SitePoint Member Egil65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why you want to buy Facebook's like, I suggest you just do a legal and authentic work on your page that people automatically like these posts and you can get more response from their.

  23. #48
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best way to get likes for your page is to visit other facebook pages as yours, like them. Post your URL over there so that people show some interest and visit your page. But don't do it like a fire. It will result into your facebook ID to be blocked.

  24. #49
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felixthomas View Post
    Best way to get likes for your page is to visit other facebook pages as yours, like them. Post your URL over there so that people show some interest and visit your page. But don't do it like a fire. It will result into your facebook ID to be blocked.
    Risky tactics - you will first get temporary ban for two weeks if somebody will make a single complain.

    Getting back to buying likes - whoever says its working has no idea on how Facebook works (sorry guys)

    Buying fake likes, and ending up with 100k likes but 0 conversations will bring your EdgeRank down to the floor and trust me - it's heck of a pain to get it back.
    If you want your company to be on the 20+ Facebook's SERP, go ahead and buy likes.

  25. #50
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should interact with the people on your facebook and in turn, they will bring more followers. Buying "likes" won't do anything but increase the amount of "likes" you do have. They aren't quality "fans," etc.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •