User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your favorite looking website?

Afternoon Guys,

I'm always looking for inspirational websites to draw idea's from; layouts, functions, colour schemes etc...

I'm just wondering what your favorite website is?

Mine has to be the www.bbc.co.uk website. For me, everything works perfect. The layout is nice on the eye, and they have a fantastic navigation layout which allows me to switch between sections really easy.

The comments section works a charm too!

Cheers

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whooops, just read the guidelines for this section and seen that 'What's your favorite' type threads are now allowed.

Sorry about that! I'm not sure how to delete this...

Gre aus'm Pott gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hi,

You can delete your own posts for upto half-an-hour after posting (edit - delete).
    You can also use the little red flag in the bottom left-hand corner to draw a moderator's attention to a particular post.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnoLFC View Post
    Whooops, just read the guidelines for this section and seen that 'What's your favorite' type threads are now allowed.
    The reason we introduced that rule was because we were fed up with threads that just turned into a list, rather than a discussion. As you've taken the trouble to give a good explanation of why you like the BBC site, I'm happy to leave the thread here, and see if other members can keep up the standards set.

So, tell us folks - which website would you like to praise, and why?

Note: Any post which doesn't answer the "why" part of the question will be treated as fluff and deleted. You have been warned.

Gre aus'm Pott gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I like the BoagWorld website.
    I'm a big fan of the podcast and often visit the site to find more information about what was discussed in the show.
    I find the design aesthetically pleasing, it's also responsive so looks good on any device.
    The site is extremely well laid out and in addition to being very informative (be sure to check out the blog), it is also very accessible.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The http://www.pinterest.com is my favorite website, it is an amazing content sharing and tremendously growing website that allows endless down scrolling and easy connecting features.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have to say that I like G+ new look more than FB's. But as for a favourite site... I can't remember of any... and I know that there are some fantastic sites out there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will go with cnn.com and that is because the layout is just unique. It is the same I eventually had to use for one of my blogs. It is so flexible to use and navigate. It has its default placed plugins as well which makes the job easy.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @TechnoBear

It seems the social networking sites and news sites are the fav's. I wouldn't expect that given the sheer amount of information they display. That got me thinking about Wikipedia too which is awesome with its easy navigation and page links.

I wonder if the list of favorite sites so far are showing that content is king? I found this site too that's not so bad