User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arbiter. Wheres the activity?

Hi.

I just stumbled over Arbiter again and realized (more now than the last time i saw it) that its a great idea.
    I noticed lastcraft and McGruff are developers for the project, and also that its inactive and have been so for a year.

Based on the description requirements it really seems like an interesting project and something that could evolve into a great tool for many of us.
    Im certain that the reason lastcraft and McGruff havent worked on it is because of little time (who have sparetime eh?), so i figured i'd propose here that someone else maybe should give it a go. Right now i found it so interesting that i will see if i get some time to look at it and maybe see if i can contribute.
    Maybe there are someone here that suddenly found themself in a situation with spare coding time that would like to pick up the ball?
    Raymond Julin
    Developer: Hardware.no, Amobil.no, Gamer.no, Prisguide.no ...
    Owner: Kulturo.no

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep thinking "in another couple of months I'll be free" but something always comes up and I never seem to have any free time for personal projects. Funnily enough at the moment I'm down to "in a couple of weeks I'll be free" and was looking forward to doing some work on Arbiter if that comes to pass. I'm embarassed that I haven't done anything after offering to help. If you'd like to help out yourself please get in touch with Marcus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi...

Quote Originally Posted by Findus
    I noticed lastcraft and McGruff are developers for the project, and also that its inactive and have been so for a year.
    It originally stalled waiting for some SimpleTest additions (now done), but never got going again. It pains me I haven't been able to get back to it. It's soley due to increased workload and kid(s). It's not even a very big project. As you say, it has a real user need.

Sadly, apart from just getting more depressed, I cannot do anything right now to get it going again . I am a month away from getting back to personal projects, and SimpleTest has the priority due to it's user base.

I suggest you keep hassling Noel .

yours, Marcus
    Marcus Baker
    Testing: SimpleTest, Cgreen, Fakemail
    Other: Phemto dependency injector
    Books: PHP in Action, 97 things