SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Need reviews/feedback for video organizing website.

I would need a review for Playo - http://www.playo.co .

The most important thing i would like to know is, what would you change, add, remove,.. what is missing and more, so that we can improve it further.

playoco.jpg.

Thanks in advance!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty interesting website. Can you describe how to use it and describe what happens after you login? I have not tried logging in yet. I think the design is cool, but I think the website should demo what it can do prior to logging in. Maybe a demo of some of the features & functionality without logging in?

Also you should move the about us page to a place that is more intuitive, maybe to the bottom? I did not know to hover over the (i) in order to be able to see the about us page. The share button should also be more intuitive.

You should also have another login mechanism other than just facebook. You should be able to register without using one of your social media accounts. Another cool feature would be an option to play videos without leaving the page you are on. Maybe by using a lightbox?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes ofcourse.

First you register with facebook. After that you select 5 of main themes that interest you, so that system will assign you some people to follow automaticaly.

After that, you have a Share button on the header, which you can drag and drop on your Bookmarks bar.

And that is it. After this when you search the web and find any videos that you like you simply click the Share button on your bookmarks bar and you can save those videos on your Playo profile in category/board of your choice.

You can also then view them at any time, anywhere, because the layout adapts for any device - mobile, tablet, laptop, pc.
    --------------

Currently in the works is multilanguage option so that everyone will be able to use the site in his own language, Play all option, so that you can sort your videos and click Play all if you want that they play one after another, etc.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other registration/login options were added, so now you have 3 options; email registration, facebook and twitter

Currently we're working on adding tags to videos / seo wise

The i is ok, because it stands for Information(i)

Some other small fixes have also been done, so we think it's near completion now.

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The login "landing page" is kinda annoying because there is no close button. And it always appear on every video I clicked. Well, that's pretty annoying for users like me. Of course I know the use of landing page, but I think you should give your users an option to close it if they do not want to login.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The login block is shown only at first few videos(frontpage), after you scroll down it automaticaly dissapears. The site is not ment to be open like you said, because registration takes about 30seconds, and with it you get alot more options than just viewing videos from others, with registration you get to join the place, where you can create your own space and collect, share, organize videos from all over the world, not only youtube and vimeo, but you can save any videos you like.

That means that you don't need to bookmark the videos you love, but you can organize them all in one place - Playo.co

SitePoint Enthusiast claire0917's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That login box is annoying me. I think you shouldn't force it on people to login. Thumbnails may be better instead of full-sized videos. And I think you should show the video titles. Right now i'm seeing a lot of pictures.. and i don't know if the video will be interesting or funny or what.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's genius!

one thing i noticed was that when you mouseover a video, the cursor is a "zoom" cursor and not a "pointer" cursor.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    playo_v2.png just a tip, since your domain name is "playO" it might be better to make "O" in the logo more obvious. i whipped up a little example (see attached image).