SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

running php scripts through proxy server or different location?

I am writing a web monitoring script as a side project... everything is working great except that I want to add the functionality of checking a site from multiple locations... Is there a way I can call a site through a proxy server and get correct results? Or do I need to have my scripts running on servers that are physically in different locations that send info to my central server?

If the second option is the right route, how do coordinate all the scripts with a single cron job on the central server?

SitePoint Addict bronze trophy vectorialpx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To run from a proxy server you may use http://php.net/curl and use options like:
    CURLOPT_PROXY, CURLOPT_PROXYPORT, CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD ("userass")
    There are examples on the web https://www.google.com/search?q=php+curl+proxy

Update // Never used, I cannot say I'm an expert it's just a hint.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpekd View Post
    bump.... is this even a php issue? I really would like to know how to do this...
    Hi carpekd, please don't bump threads on SitePoint. If you are not getting an answer it is likely that either people don't have an answer, don't understand what you are asking or haven't see it yet. @vectorialpx did respond but next time Instead of bumping try asking your question in a different way.
    ictus==""