Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my GAME RENTAL site

HI,

I've always got suggestions for other people's sites, but its hard to know where to fix my own. I would appreciate any feedback that might help to increase conversions.

http://www.justforfunsoftware.com

Thanks!
    Chuck
    --------------------------
    Add Poker Tables to your Website
    http://www.PlugInPoker.com

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, I observed that you don't have social media plugins on you site. I think you should integrate social media on your website too. And, well, this just an opinion, I think you should update your site in terms of design.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for looking at the site. I was hoping for specific ideas of what to change in the design- I know its a bit too much information. Good idea on the social media I overlooked that
    Chuck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a vertical dash line for the right column but not on the left column. They should be symmetrical. It also would be better if you put the login details on the right side or better yet in the right column. The navigation menu should have even spacing between them.

Still, nice works all in all.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good overall however, personally I don't like the clip art in the middle.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you say that about the clip art, I just put that back- I had screenshots of the games previously. So I'll get rid of that clipart again. Thanks!
    Chuck

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcows View Post
    There is a vertical dash line for the right column but not on the left column. They should be symmetrical. It also would be better if you put the login details on the right side or better yet in the right column. The navigation menu should have even spacing between them.

Still, nice works all in all.
    Good point, that would help clean up the appearance for sure..
    Chuck

SitePoint Addict bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PWS,

I think you have a pretty good start here. I see a lot of people ask for feedback on different forums and most of the time they have a website that is clearly designed for monetization and not to really add any value. Your site however appears to be a legitimate business and I think you could do some things differently to better convey your value propositions.

Before I mention anything else, you should think about what your goals are for the home page. Right now it appears that you are taking a shotgun approach. By that I mean you are trying to convey all the value propositions that your service offers all at once to the user. You have too much going on with the home page. Too much text causes users anxiety and it also causes them to not read everything.

Here is what I would do:

Take a handful of your best value propositions (and I’m not sure how you would determine that for your market) and create a slider (like a banner at the top) that has a marketing message for each one. So for example you could use a few of your “ease of use” value proposition like instant setup, highly customizable and plugs into any website and make one banner out of that. Next you could take build a mailing list, traffic and return visits and captive audience and build a banner out of that. See where I’m going with this? You want to try and convey as much information as possible with the limited real estate that you have and do it in an appealing way.

Once you have you banner with rotating value propositions as images, put that in between your logo banner with login and the main navigation. Below that write some more sales copy mixed in with information about your business and what it is that you do well. Place links in that copy to internal pages of your site (contextual links not just random ones). This helps draw users in to other information.

I see you have order buttons on your home page. You are trying too hard here. You have to be selective with your real estate on the home page. Try promoting one thing for a given time period and make that the most prominent thing on the page. You will find that you will get more conversions that way as opposed to showing everything to visitors all at once.

Check out this book when you get a chance too if you haven't already, its a good read.

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Me-T.../dp/0321344758

Hope those suggestions help,

Shawn

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Shawn! Great suggestions, I've printed out your message and am going to make some significant changes using your points as soon as I get a chance,

Chuck
    Chuck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shawn's feedback hit on the main heartburn the site gave me. There's just too much information being displayed upfront. I think the site layout he suggests is effective (albeit a little overdone at this point). Sendgrid (http://sendgrid.com/) is a good example of this

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are all good suggestions. I actually didn't have the order links on the front of the site, but just recently threw them in there because I wondered if having an extra step between the visit and the ordering process was bad. But I see now from your comments that it is way overcluttered. I'll get rid of those links, and look into some rotating messages asmanaher suggests..
    Chuck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same opinion above. You lack social media plug ins. I think that's very important..

<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Apr 12, 2013 at 04:05. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since your website deals with games, I would suggest making the design more colorful and lively. Also try to add more games other than poker based games. Other than that everything is fine and working, oh and of course social media integration always helps.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great reviews!
    Let me add something here:

1. You're missing currency sign next to the price so the user wouldn't know if it's U.S. dollars, Canadian dollars, British pounds, etc.
    2. The value proposition in your bullet points is better to be reorganized:
    - Start from the points that reduce cost of switching (e.g. setup fee, no downloads) and go into benefits.
    - Don't limit your target audience with
    Bars & Restaurants
    Dating & Friendship websites
    Affiliate Portals
    Message Forum Sites
    Online Clubs & Nonprofit
    E-Commerce Sites
    Let them decide if they want this or not.

Also, from my sales experience - benefits are way more important and convincing than advantages.
    Put the "How you benefit" in a more visible place - don't hide it on the right side.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site name is too long!
    just4funs . com - !!!
    generally good

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall it's really good, and I like the idea of the business.

A couple things I'm not a fan of would be the top of your body, I'm not sure if it's the font, color, or both, above the images of the game. The other thing is the right column with no padding on the text, even just slightly like 0.3em left and right would be better.

The links above the payment images look too much like adsense links. And the text above them could be slightly larger.

I think you could add CSS effects to really make it more interactive... :hover{} to change the background of elements dark and the text light while hovering over it, or just add a border or something visual...

Like on your package deals, show some effect when you hover over each's text instead of just over the order button. This is how I do it:
    Code:
    <div class="shadowClass" onclick="window.location = 'http://URLtoOpenwhenClicked'">
    <!--the content of the div goes here, your image, text, and order button-->
    </div>
    The css of my shadowClass: I added comments to the important parts
    Code:
    .shadowClass{	
    	clear:left; 
    	float:left;   //I was just floating mine 
    }

.shadowClass ul{    //this is for unordered lists within the div
    	font-size:.9em; 
    	padding:1em;
    	margin-left:1em;
    	margin-top:-0.2em;
    }

.shadowClass:hover {
    	color:white; //change text color to white when hovering
    	background:#2a2828; //dark gray bg color
    	cursor:pointer; //make a hand cursor when hovering over the div
    	-webkit-border-radius: 9px; //old rounded corners
    	-moz-border-radius: 9px; //old rounded corners
    	border-radius: 9px;  //Rounded corners
    }

Then you may think of making the game image a slide show...and your navigation buttons I'd do a rollover color change for the background and text using css to add more emphasis.

Good luck.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A ton of great ideas, I appreciate the time you and the other posts took. I have a lot of good ideas for changing things around now. The only one I'm not sure about is #1, I recently removed the dollar signs because I read that seeing dollarsigns makes prices look higher and people less likely to buy (which is why big chains like wallmart don't show dollar signs on their prices). So I was trying to look less expensive . Hard to say if thats working or not but I'll give it a little longer. I'll get rid of that target audience info and swap the right and left info areas.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneK View Post
    Great reviews!
    Let me add something here:

1. You're missing currency sign next to the price so the user wouldn't know if it's U.S. dollars, Canadian dollars, British pounds, etc.
    2. The value proposition in your bullet points is better to be reorganized:
    - Start from the points that reduce cost of switching (e.g. setup fee, no downloads) and go into benefits.
    - Don't limit your target audience with
    Bars & Restaurants
    Dating & Friendship websites
    Affiliate Portals
    Message Forum Sites
    Online Clubs & Nonprofit
    E-Commerce Sites
    Let them decide if they want this or not.

Also, from my sales experience - benefits are way more important and convincing than advantages.
    Put the "How you benefit" in a more visible place - don't hide it on the right side.
    Chuck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest that you work on the design, give it an updated look that looks professional and use more social plugins these help to spread your website online!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    A ton of great ideas, I appreciate the time you and the other posts took. I have a lot of good ideas for changing things around now. The only one I'm not sure about is #1, I recently removed the dollar signs because I read that seeing dollarsigns makes prices look higher and people less likely to buy (which is why big chains like wallmart don't show dollar signs on their prices). So I was trying to look less expensive . Hard to say if thats working or not but I'll give it a little longer. I'll get rid of that target audience info and swap the right and left info areas.

Thanks again!
    Always welcome

There is one more thing that I've stumbled this morning - ever heard of www.crazyegg.com ?
    It's an interesting plug-in that shows you the behavior of the visitor's on your page - where they click, how far down do they scroll, etc. It can help you in further adjusting your website and it's content.
    Haven't tried it yet, but definitely will - this thing looks awesome.

Another thing you should definitely try is the display advertising.
    From what I've found, you have around 2000 visitors per day - it's enough for traffic exchange programs such as Nster.com, LinkWithin.com, or Nrelate.com.

Pricing is free - Nster.com doesn't charge anything, but I'm not sure about LinkWithin and Nrealte.
    Not sure if nrelate is still free, it has been acquired by Ask.com

Obviously, these programs have only real human visitors (no bots)
    And in the worst case, even if you will have low conversion you will still increase your website rank

Last thing - even though it's not directly related to the website improvement...
    I can see the Facebook social plug-in on your website, but couldn't find your group on the Facebook - what's it's name?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website design is professional which makes it different because most of the gaming sites use fancy designs.
    Left space is empty i suggest you use a small box which flashes testimonials and in the rest place you can use adds.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairly clean - I do not know how games are supposed to drive traffic or what the games even look like within a web app - what form they take. You should include a banner on the front page with screenshots of the games in context and perhaps even data showing how the games are driving traffic. A better business model in my opinion is to allow the ability of people to really gamble in these implants. I like the idea of attached ads but need to see those in context as well. The login section looks ok but I would style the forms more and center the login button.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very neat and clean site
    Submit URL FREE at Free Web Directory 4 U
    and improve your website ranking on main search engines
    like Google, Yahoo, Bing for geting the top position.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great. Very user friendly..........!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, the first page is too text heavy. It's not immediately obvious what the site offer and the content is too bunched up. Having it all featured on the main landing page is off-putting, so I'd strip back the copy, add some clear bullets and sub-headers, a larger image and then maybe include a longer description beneath the fold. That's just my opinion though. The first impression is overwhelming, so just dial it back a bit and welcome people in rather than bombarding them with all your USPs at once.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. change this "SuperCharge Your Website Traffic" text into blue color. presently it is in blue. ok

2. "how do you benefit ? " is reeated at left and right sides. change the right side content with another one.

3. Try to change your background color white to any sky blue or some thing.

4. And content wise it is really very informative, simple and creative. Images are also simple and fast loading.

5. you mentioned that ..... 1005 money back guarentee. ok its very very fine. Give some proofs that how could you return your money.