User Tag List

Addicted to the Source of Life PowerBit's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Domain Name and Redirects question

Hi there,

I have a web address like www.showbiz.com and I am going to put together a movie library in a subdomain named www.library.showbiz.com. What I would like to do is hand out one domain name like www.movielibrary.com

How would I do that?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so you own showbiz.com? and you own the domain movielibrary.com as well? i'm guessing that you would want to have library.showbiz.com show as movielibrary.com domain instead? if i'm right,i think the easiest way would be to build the movie library on movielibrary.com instead and have library.showbiz.com redirect to movielibrary.com... you could do that by finding the redirect feature on you webhosting panel and doing a 301 Permanent redirect from your subdomain library.showbiz.com point/redirect to movielibrary.com..

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You can also set up everything at the subdomain, buy the movielibrary domain and redirect that to the subdomain. You can do that within your domain host settings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes , if you have a hosting that supports multiple addon domains, then you could point "movielibrary" to that specific subdomain, given that you have the appropriate DNS settings for "movielibrary" .