SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, it's a new site, in fact I just finished it today. My free website providing quitstaring.com. It offers 100 megs free, free forums, free guestbooks, free chatrooms, free templates, and an easy to use editor.

So, now that I've done my little advertising spiel, now, I really need it to be critiqued. I need you to tell me what's wrong, why that is wrong, and what I should do to fix it. Be brutally honest. If you love it, please tell me that you love it. If you think it sucks, tell me it sucks, but tell me why it sucks.

I really want honest opinions. If you like it, feel free to sign up. If you don't like it, feel free to trash it and tell me to get a new day job. Alright? Sound fair? Alright, lets do this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got shafted with this whole review thing because of some misunderstanding and got placed in the middle of the group, so please, people, review my site!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Navigation in a web site is very important to your visitors. If they get to your site and don't understand it or have a hard time getting to something in your site and can't find a link back, they will find a link that will give them what they want and may never return to your site.

If you have a "menu" somewhere on your web page, keep the same menu throughout your site. Your visitors will thank you for it. Don't make your visitors search for it, they will only get frustrated and leave. And clearly mark your menu!!!
    Navigation in a web site is very important to your visitors. If they get to your site and don't understand it or have a hard time getting to something in your site and can't find a link back, they will find a link that will give them what they want and may never return to your site.

If you have a "menu" somewhere on your web page, keep the same menu throughout your site. Your visitors will thank you for it. Don't make your visitors search for it, they will only get frustrated and leave. And clearly mark your menu!!!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's an error on your navigation menu, i see it with "horizontal stripes" just like my browser is unable to load background colors.

As repeated many times in other threads, i dislike the font you choosed for the text.

I think there's a problem with your logo's background, it is not transparent and is different from page's background.

I think adding a form to your "contact" page will help people to contact you... i'm so lazy that i unable to send you an email...

that's all,
    hope this helps
    simone
    Simone Lippolis
    Milan, Italy
    www.hotservices.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I ask what kind of browser you are using? I have used Opera, Netscape, AOL, and MSIE, and all of them work just fine. I don't know about some of the older versions, but all of the newest versions work. I know that 98% of my viewers seem to fall within the category that I know can use it.

Also, the reason there isn't a form on the contact page, is because those that really don't need help aren't going to contact me unless they really do need help. See, if I was to use a form, I would get a lot of spamming of sorts, and a lot of people would ask me things that don't make any sense, request link exchanges, and ask me all kinds of things, that don't have anything to do with requesting help for the site. That's why there isn't a form. I have learned from the past.