SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that my site, bigscripts.com, is lacking interactivity and thus repeat visitors to the site. Do you have any suggestions as to what could be done.

Thanks,
    Cody

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say it is dull and boring. Liven it up a little and go from there.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip but how do you think I should liven it up? Different Colors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm..to me, your site design is perfect. Looks very good.

It loads fast and looks professional enough.
    Okay...

You might want to try to have a "New" scripts added column.
    Another thing would be to letr more authors of scripts they have done to add theirs.

When they submi a script, make it in such a way that its a form of membership and that they would go around rating scripts and adding their comments.

When viewing the script listing, let the users view more information on the script. Not the current that you have. Ratings should be more user-customisable based on the visitor's preferences. If you want to protect the rating from people making trouble, make sure everything comment is added and certified by you before adding. You might also want to add reassurances that the validation is only to prevent vulgarity, or putting down the author in anyway etc. Watever you wish.

Since ou have chosen to do a site like this despite larger and better sources like hotscripts.com, cgi.resourceindex.com, and more, you have to provide better services before anyone would actually vist your site.
    The reason would be those are bigger sites and definitely have the scripts you have already.

Thats the form of competition =)
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes color I like the grey. Use also a orange or a purple color adds some graphics not alot but some.

Check out coolhomepages.com for some ideas. Note that some of the sites on coolhomepages.com are not usable or make any sens at all. But they do have great design in color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try using different colors the white greys tend to go with 'boring'. Make a really cool logo that goes with your site and add it. Make the navigation livelier.. add effects anykind would do. Good Luck
    Ken Prescott - 21Studios freelancing design
    Graphic-Forums - The Forums for the Graphic User

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like it! Maybe follow some of Bryan's advice and add some orage. I love gray and orange together. Possibly you could make your logo in orange text instead of gray and that would brighten it up a bit. ALso, I would put your welcome and search box at the top and maybe add a small graphic there such as a magnifying glass to signify searching or something along those lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think you should add the ideas that the people before me have said.

How about adding a forum though? Something like vBulletin or UBB, if you dont want to pay for a script, try boardpower or ikonboard.
    russell.cz.cc - coming soon (I promise!)