User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I just got an email from Everyone.net, I will snip it and let you guys see what they are offering this month:

QUOTING THEM:

Dear Everyone.net Site Partner,
    We want you to succeed, so we have implemented a way for you to increase email sign-ups on your site. To help you actively promote your free email service in October, we are giving away an 18" LCD Monitor to one new email end-user.

We have created a pop-up window to help you announce the contest. The pop-up is customized with your domain name, so you can promote your branded email service. Each person who signs up for your email service in October will be entered to win the LCD Monitor. Promoting your email service via this pop-up will increase email end-users at your domain, giving you more repeat visitors, page views, and revenue.

To encourage participation you will have a chance to win $2,000 as well! If the winner of the 18" LCD Monitor signed up for email @YourDomain, you will win $2,000. The more email users you sign up before October 31, 2000, the more chances you have to win!

In order to participate, just add this single line of JavaScript to your home page!

<SNIP>

END OF QUOTING

This looks promising, since the webmaster gets a chance to win $2000. Oh, the things I could do what that money.

Just thought I would pass this along, since it is really a good way to get more users signed up for your free email if you are using Everyone.net, and if you are not, this is a good time to start.

Thanks,

Patrick Weatherford
    www.BottomDollarDomains.com
    $12 Domain Name Registration

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they have to email you, with that, or can anyone put up popups for their domain.
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah! 18" LCD monitor? What's that worth...$2500? $3500? $4000?

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3000 is the average for 18 inch
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they sent me an email, and it had the popup code in it. If you visit my site, you will see what it looks like.. It is actually a decent looking popup.

I looked at pricewatch.com and the cheapest 18" LCD I could find was a little over $2000. They averaged in the 3k range.

By the way, they have the popup set so that a user will only see it once per week, thanks to cookies.

Later,
    Patrick Weatherford

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is actually a decent looking popup.
    Ha! a decent popup?

Well actually that isn't a bad deal...good idea from everyone.net

PS: Why do the owners of everyone.net use the .net domain when the .com is registered in their name?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they call themselves the "Everyone NETWORK", so I guess .net makes more sense than .com.

Patrick Weatherford

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aidan... I think they use .net for the network, but keep the .com so people don't make that mistake

I intend to implement the popup

18" LCD!!! SCORRRREEEE

Adam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea they had a contest for the first hundred people to sign up and complete an everyone.net account would win 100 bucks. I did it and they emailed me (like three montsh later) saying i won the 100 bucks, and to send them my social security number and name and address so i could get teh money. i did all that and nada. still waiting for my stupid check. that was probalby a year or somethign ago.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by patricknw
    Because they call themselves the "Everyone NETWORK", so I guess .net makes more sense than .com.

Using "Everyone.com" sounds better and makes a lot more sense than "Everyone.net Network", but that's their choice.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least they do own both so they have covered their backs for their tradename. Also, if anyone types int the .com by mistake they will still end up in the same place.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When they bought everyone.net, everyone.com was already taken by someone else... I guess the eventualy got enough money to buy the .com version from its owner...

-Steve Klebanow
    http://www.Sparkgames.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ask me, there's a decent chance they'll switch over to .com at some point...

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using the promotion popup @ WebDevPortal.com too (I offer @WebDevMail.com email from within the 'My WebDevPortal' pages). Not only does the winner get the monitor, but if you are the service provider (the person who owns the domain they signed up for) you get $2000 too!

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    If you ask me, there's a decent chance they'll switch over to .com at some point...
    In My Opinion, that would be stupid. Why spend all that money and time building a brandname that has a point as well as being catchy and easy to use?

I always looked at Everyone.net as "Offering Everyone the Net". I think it would be silly to change now because Everyone.com means nothing.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed everyone.net and got the official rules... this section is VERY NICE:

8. Site Partner Rules
    $100 for using the Pop-up for the month of October:
    This part of the contest is for active email site partners who are asked to promote their email offering using a new pop-up window. Site partners that add the pop-up to their site by Midnight on October 10th, 2000, and keep it there until 11:59 on October 31, 2000 Pacific Standard time, will receive $100.
    Each end-user to register for email through the pop-up increases the odds of winning because after we choose the end-user winner, the site that signed them up will win $2,000. The contest ends at 11:59 midnight on October 31st, Pacific Standard time.
    Award: $100. USD
    Award will be paid out within 60 days of the promotion end-date (Oct. 31, 2000)

</snip>

That's right, they are going to give $100 to each account that had the popup going from 10/10 thru 10/31. You can't beat that. Plus the chance to win $2000 makes it even more appealing.

Thanks,
    Patrick Weatherford

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww.. didn't get mine up til I launched WebDevPortal.com on the 15th..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, but remember what happened when the promised me 100 bucks?