SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting... for the first time I just saw some spam on a SitePoint forum... I actually I never saw it because it was removed before I clicked on link in notif. email.. SP removed it mighty fast (but I could see it in email.. cell phone seller...)

(the newest response is from 2 days ago, and I did receive an email when it was posted...)

just thought I'd mention it in case anyone finds it interesting...

still churning and learning here with this responsive design thing.... Ralph, to respond to your latest:

I read in one of the many resources online that those long decimals are ok, that we should leave them like that, that it's easier for the browser to make the calculations.. at any rate I make sure they all add up to 100% (and I did take the decimals down a notch.. however many decimals I have all of them always add up to 100%, that's the important thing.. or that they don't add up to more than 100% at any rate...

but also, the "design" I was doing necessitated precise margins and gutter spaces betw the elements, but I suspect most designs won't need to be that precise.. I did it like that just as exercise, I did the same thing years ago when I was first learning div-based layouts....

for example for this kind of design you can certainly round up the %ges... again, just like with conventional layouts, the important thing is all the widths don't add up to more 100%.. (and you know, this responsive design approach is actually what we should have been doing all along.. we became lazy and did fixed widths for everything from the wrapper div to everything inside, that was to get more predictable results, faster, etc....;-) now we're seeing the errors of our ways....;-)

and thank you for mentioning the CSS3/bg-img thingie.. will most certainly look at this... here's my "imitation" of bostonglobe.com so far... a little simple but mainly wanted to get the knack of the layout... (did all of it totally from scratch....)

thanks again Ralph...

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maya90 View Post
    here's my "imitation" of bostonglobe.com so far... a little simple but mainly wanted to get the knack of the layout... (did all of it totally from scratch....)
    Nice work.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you!! :-)