User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple Responsive Project

Hey Everyone,

This is currently a project for my web design class. We had to choose any location near our home town and create web page and any service pertaining to that location. I chose to create a fake organization (Tinley Park Preservation) that is trying to raise money, purchase, and protect a plot of land that may be converted into a commercial area soon. I was going for more of a simplistic, whimsical feel to try and keep the attention of a more bland subject, but at the same time keep it serious enough to ask for donations.

I'm working through a couple of problems like the how the navigation reacts when the page is shrunk as well as some icons that stray away. I also have yet to add the actual donations section. If you can give any feedback in the sense of the design, how the website reacts in your browser, loading time, any random glitches, ect that would be great!

Thanks a lot.

http://pen.eiu.edu/~ajlimanowski/int...ial/index.html

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Hi ajlimanowski. Welcome to the forums.

You've just discovered why it's not a good idea to use an inflexible background image for things like navigation. You could actually create that green background with stitiching with CSS, which would be a better idea anyway.

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tested your site using a responsive website testing tool, though it shrunk in the following device sizes,
    240 x 320 (small phone)
    320 x 480 (iPhone)
    480 x 640 (small tablet)
    768 x 1024 (iPad - Portrait)

the "Donate" button did not appear on smaller devices like small phone, iPhone and small tablet. Also, the layout in the small tablet is congested on the left side
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, I switched up some things and fixed most of my problems, I think. I'm hoping it's all running smoothly now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, it`s a very nice site, the image whatshappening_aside.png seems a bit heavy, it`s loading very slowly at my end every time i open a new page. Asides from that, good job