User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Website Themes Selling site review

Hi everybody,

I am having an eCommerce website based on Magento. Recently i have made significant changes to the design layout. Changed the home page, as previously it was showing more content and no images. I thought it would be nice to showcase images as soon as customers land. Applied on hover image zoom effects and some other changes.

http://www.creativethemes.net

Currently we are upgrading our demo servers so they are temporarily suspended but new page is displaying a message to users.

Can you please provide your valuable feedback for design, web speed, optimization, services etc.
    Many Thanks,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the website looks great , clean and professional. some links not seems to be working yet, guess you will fix it soon. as well in the next screenshot i made,
    you can see that on one of the pages its seems like the photos are cut, not finish to loads:
    review.jpg

i will recommend you to add on each product you sell, near to the "Buy NOW" button an image of your payment method you accept on your site, such as PAYPAL, google checkout, credit card, and what ever you like.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job! It's a very sleek design and I can tell you spent a lot of time perfecting it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job.

Good Layout and an overall neat design. If there is one thing that i would say i dont like is the "the latest blog" option. but that's just me..Overall the design is really neat!! Good job!!

Time to work for traffic bud

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    972kravmaga : Thanks,i thought about it previously but due to space issue i left it. Thanks again for valuable suggestion.

Poolheatpumps & Aboudie I really appreciate your comments and feedback. Feel more confident. Thanks.

Any suggestions for traffic generation.

Thanks,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The color scheme is very much similar to the Slashdot, by the way good try.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks terrific! I especially like the enlarged image on mouse-over and the pinterest integration.

I just have a couple of suggestions:

1. The key icon next to the login button on the top right corner looks a bit similar to the magnifying glass button below. I would suggest changing one of those logos so they look more different.

2. Perhaps you can consider slowing down the text movement in the "latest blog" widget. I had some difficulty reading each excerpt in full before it moves on to the next excerpt.

Best of luck for your endeavors!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello royrobin,

This is a great looking site, very well done! I agree that seeing the graphics on the home page is an excellent idea; show people what they're looking for immediately and give them an idea of what you can do right off the bat. The "hover" feature is very helpful also, saves a person the trouble of having to go to each page for a closer look.

I agree with CozyOrange on the "latest blog" widget in that the text moves a bit too quickly. I would consider slowing it down or at least giving visitors the option to stop its movement by putting the mouse on it -- or both. I also ran into some trouble the first time I clicked on the "Free Stuff" link at the top of the home page. It sent me to an unfinished version of the "Support" page (missing text down the left column, missing graphics at the top), but I tried it several times after that and it showed correctly.

Lastly, I clicked "Demo" for one of your items and the page has this sentence: "We are having some upgradations on our Demo Servers, we are really sorry for inconvenience." I would suggest changing the beginning to read something like, "We are upgrading our demo servers" ("couldn't find "upgradations" in the dictionary, I checked.)

Hope this helps!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite good!! it look like wootheme

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by caothu201 View Post
    Quite good!! it look like wootheme
    nice layout, it looks very professional site!!! keep it up make your best shot
    use some image that can motivate people to visit that

jskiller

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA_Lo - Thanks a lot, actually the site has been a target of spam hitting, it was on the second page of Google, there was massive spamming through bots to forum. I removed it from the robots and also whole forum as it was was eaiting my server space. Now the results are that it has gone too far in google ranks due to this. I am trying to get a dedicated server in US, its just becuase of space issue i am not been able to make demos live.

I am hopeful that in comming days it will be resolved and all of the themes will come up with brand new face.

I would like to thank everybody for positive feedback
    Last edited by Stevie D; Jan 24, 2013 at 06:35. Reason: Solicitation removed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site design is clean and appealing. You've done an outstanding job on the design!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    appreciate the work on site! specially design conecpt

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took a long time for the website to load up for me (20 seconds). With the display box's on the main page, I would include some type of style, shadows underneath or something like that to give that a more professional feel. When moving the mouse button over the images, a pop up box appears, with the words "CT ------- Magento theme" please center the words in the middle, it will look better, currently the words are pushed to the far left with no gap.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The theme that the site is using, whether made by your self or by someone else is very well made. This is one of the few sites that I've seen that incorporates the sleek/modern design with good visuals. The main problem I am having with the site is with how slow it's loading. This could be a big turn off for many users. Since your site is an e-commerce site you might want to really look into how to optimize the site and speed it up, maybe getting a new server? The menu looks great. Some links aren't working but I am assuming that's just because you are still in the process of finishing the website. Besides that, good job on the site so far . Would love to have a look again when you've finished it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel bad about the loading time the pages take. The look and feel of the site very good. In the theme page the "live Preview" button is not in a good place and button is not prominent. I had search for the same. The nor of downloads info and review info is good.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks great. The only thing I encountered was 10 or 15 secs of loading time at the home page. Other than that, I'm usually not fond of that dark aqua color but you seemed to make it work great. Simple and easy navigation through the dropdown menus and overall it looks sleek and very professional.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Design looks stunning. What software have you used to design the site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the website lloks great, SEO seems to be in order also, would possible consider having tab to show how many have been downloaded. but really like the designs especially the bag theme design