SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Kevin's article on JSP

In relation to the following article about installing JSP on Linux (Thanks, Kev!), he uses Apache 2 in his example. I am using Apache 1.3 and am not comfortable upgrading, ATM. Should the instructions be the same for 1.3 as they are for 2.0?

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1027/

Aaron
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

Making a better wheel silver trophy DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was wondering the same thing about Windows. can't you just try it and see?

BTW, i didn't even know about the article until i saw you mention it here. i had been looking for something to explain JSP to me since it'd be cool to make some things with it (read: forum ). however, after reading the article, i'm still of the same mindset as before -- i don't know Java, which might be to too hard to learn well for me right now (although it'd be great to know). and you have to restart the servers when you make a new page?! and JSP can't be run on nearly as many hosts as PHP.

the thing that's appealing about JSP is it's compilation for speed. that's the thing i HATE about PHP -- the repeated compilation that kills its performance. if PHP could just get accelerator functionality built-in, it'd be excellent.

</off topic>
    - Matt ** Ignore old signature for now... **
    Dr.BB - Highly optimized to be 2-3x faster than the "Big 3."
    "Do not enclose numeric values in quotes -- that is very non-standard and will only work on MySQL." - MattR