User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

site, www.spgames2000.org, or www.spgames2000.com

site, http://www.spgames2000.org, or http://www.spgames2000.com

I made this site a long long time ago. shut it down, and then reopened it. I am 16, in atl with no html experience, or training. Tell me abt my site. Please. Thanks.

For reference. i made 3 reviews.

[Edited by zoeb on 09-25-2000 at 10:27 AM]
    Zoeb Abdulla

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would get rid of the floating eyes and the background right away...both make things harder to read and serve no practical purpose.

I'd also get rid of the "Best view in..." links...try to make it look good in all browser resolutions and types, rather than post something like that.

This part may sound dumb: but I like the orange links...always loved the color orange.

I'd also recommend moving to something else other than NameZero as soon as you're able...if you can plunk down around $15 a year it'll go a long way towards how people will look at your site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't like the pop-up window, why can't I use the regular browser window?

The background makes it too hard to rid, get rid of it. Instead use a solid color, preferably white, or off-white, other wise it gets too hard to read long lengths of text.

Good compendum of info, though, I'd say with a simpler interface, and a real domain name, you could probably do some good ad sales.

Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the second window? And it won't let me maximize it. That bugs me, I hate having no control. LOL Background seems to interfer with the navigation.
    Sesran Site Solutions - Web Site Hosting & Design

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit i'm a fan of online games. Yesterday i even lost 1 hour playing an ASP poker ...

So i like the original concept of the website.
    But please, PLEASE get rid of the popup windows. On my first click i had the ugly surprise of an horizontal bar in the right frame...
    Also, a thing about the text used as background: make it grey, or a very bright color. So you'd have an interesting effect, would be better than those black letters that come & intertwine in the text. (forgive my grammar on that sentence, i hope you understood what i mean)
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All in all a cool concept for a website. Would be nice not to have to deal with the pop up. I automatically close those anyway because they usually are for selling things. So I had to reload your page when nothing happened on the main page.

If you insist on using the background with your name, then at least try to fade it out... by 99% - make it a light light gray or something. It interferes with the rest of your content.

The link to the homepage in the frames is messed up... it links back alright, but then it includes two navigation bars.

Looked at your PC Codes, and saw that you have Diablo in there.... but you don't have Dr. Lunatic. Hmm....?

Keep up the good work kid.

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make the site load in the first page.
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god. I killed your page so many times because I thought you were using one of those darned freebie pages. However, eventually I found out that you weren't using one, you just had your entire website pop up into another window, cheating the ad company or whatever that you're using on the other window.

First of all, don't cheat anyone. You aren't going to gain any respect cheating advertisers. Yeah, it's tough to make money, but for those of us that do it legitimately, you're just bringing down our potential cpm as advertisers get fewer and fewer clicks per cpm.

So, get rid of the popup, use a regular nav window, and you have to do something about that background. The first thing I notice and stay hooked on is the background. Backgrounds show your weakness as a designer. In order to stand tall as a web developer, you should be able to design a page where you use colors and graphics so well that it doesn't matter that you have no special background.

Hope that helps, sorry to be rough, but that's what I like with reviews of my sites.