SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Slide show application

    Is flash a good choice to make slideshows. I came to know in another thread taht it doesn't work in tablets. What other choices or the best choice do I have?

  2. #2
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on what type of slideshow you are looking to create, clear box is a nice option and it integrates nicely with Dreamweaver.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSJK View Post
    Depending on what type of slideshow you are looking to create, clear box is a nice option and it integrates nicely with Dreamweaver.
    Just a simple one and need to use it on Wordpress sites.

  4. #4
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opportunist86 View Post
    Just a simple one and need to use it on Wordpress sites.
    I suggest that you choose from the numerous plugins that are available for wordpress. You will need to do a search on the terms: wordpress plugin slideshow you will have numerous choices and I am quite positive that they will all satisfy the need.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSJK View Post
    I suggest that you choose from the numerous plugins that are available for wordpress. You will need to do a search on the terms: wordpress plugin slideshow you will have numerous choices and I am quite positive that they will all satisfy the need.
    No, plugins doesn't seem to be a solution.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you feel that the slideshow plug-ins for Wordpress are not a solution? I am thinking that a solution to adding a slide show to a Wordpress site is: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...image-gallery/

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe you prefer a light box, which is found here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...ghtbox-shadow/
    If these plug-ins do not meet your needs, perhaps you should provide more explanation.

    Wordpress is all about the plug-ins. Another option, would be to not use Wordpress and just construct a website without the content management system. Unless you have a client that is requiring it to be in Wordpress or you want your site to have the same "look" as many other recent websites, I would recommend you starting from scratch and use the traditional coding: HTML, PHP, CSS, jQuery, etc... and retain complete control of all aspects of the site without the confines of a CMS.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To further answer your question, you originally mentioned flash and tables. You can incorporate an swf file (movie output from Adobe Flash) into a cell within an HTML table. However, current standards instruct developers to only use tables for numerical data that is suited for tabular output. Instead of the table approach just use CSS and div the table. So are you using Wordpress or was that just a content management system that you knew of when I asked what you what type of site you were working on.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSJK View Post
    To further answer your question, you originally mentioned flash and tables. You can incorporate an swf file (movie output from Adobe Flash) into a cell within an HTML table. However, current standards instruct developers to only use tables for numerical data that is suited for tabular output. Instead of the table approach just use CSS and div the table. So are you using Wordpress or was that just a content management system that you knew of when I asked what you what type of site you were working on.
    Thanks a lot for providing link to plugin. Hope it helps.

  10. #10
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are you satisfied that plug-in(s) are a solution? An earlier post from you indicated that you did not believe plug-ins were a solution. Just making sure you have what you need to get yourself up and running. Just for your information, if you would have used any search engine you prefer and searched on the terms Wordpress slideshow plug-in you would have seen the links I provided. If you are not satisfied with the options I provided, I suggest that you perform you own search (which was my original thought and my first post in an attempt to answer your question). Much luck to you and I hope you accomplish your goals.

  11. #11
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSJK View Post
    So are you satisfied that plug-in(s) are a solution? An earlier post from you indicated that you did not believe plug-ins were a solution. Just making sure you have what you need to get yourself up and running. Just for your information, if you would have used any search engine you prefer and searched on the terms Wordpress slideshow plug-in you would have seen the links I provided. If you are not satisfied with the options I provided, I suggest that you perform you own search (which was my original thought and my first post in an attempt to answer your question). Much luck to you and I hope you accomplish your goals.
    I already did searh for it on SE as well as on WP but couldn't find the one you provided. Its lot easier. This is why I use forum when I can't find things on SEs.

  12. #12
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flash is OK. But there are numerous source as like powerpoint.

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Think you can Use JQuery and Mootools.
    It will be very informative for you..


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •