SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would I do this?

I have an idea for how to design part of my site but i'm not quite sure how I would go about doing it.

I'm making a web game with PHP/mySQL and was thinking that instead of remaking and reloading a whole new page including the entire layout every time they do an action, I could have it load a page in an invisible iframe, have the invisible page just take some info, do what it needs to do, save any changes to the database and then spit out the results to have javascript simply update the needed values.

This way doing simple things in the game won't require reloading the page. How would I implement something like this? any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeTaxx0r
    This way doing simple things in the game won't require reloading the page. How would I implement something like this? any ideas?
    I gather it's some sort of a turn-based strategy game? If it is then you could use javascript, flash or java to handel some of the game engine. Using HTML frames would allow you to pass and receive javascript variables. The JavaScript code would look something like this:

parent.framename.document.varname = "your variables";
    Thomas Oeser - Blueprint Software
    Web Scripting Editor v 5.2 One cool Web editing tool.
    3dcomputergraphics.com Coming Soon!