SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ensim Domain Configuration Question

In Ensim, when you create a new site, it sets up the files in a specific structure reflecting the site number. Each new site you create gets the next incremental number (site3, site4, site5...)

Somewhere within the system, there is something that tells apache that when I ask for www.domain.com I want the files in site3 for example. I need to figure out how to modify that so that when I call for www.domain.com I am given the files in site5 instead.

I don't want to change where email points to, but merely web and ftp. I want to do this rather than parking a domain because I need to keep the email where it is and to be able to have unlimited email addresses for all of my domains, and I want to keep the old domain names for historic reasons but I don't really need the content anymore.

In essence, using ensim, I am trying to point three existing domains to exisiting site. I want people to be able to surf around www.domain.com/forums/thread and www.anotherdomain.com/forums/thread

I am pretty sure there has to be a way to do this, does anybody know how?

Amy

Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amykhar
    In Ensim, when you create a new site, it sets up the files in a specific structure reflecting the site number. Each new site you create gets the next incremental number (site3, site4, site5...)

Somewhere within the system, there is something that tells apache that when I ask for www.domain.com I want the files in site3 for example. I need to figure out how to modify that so that when I call for www.domain.com I am given the files in site5 instead.

I don't want to change where email points to, but merely web and ftp. I want to do this rather than parking a domain because I need to keep the email where it is and to be able to have unlimited email addresses for all of my domains, and I want to keep the old domain names for historic reasons but I don't really need the content anymore.

In essence, using ensim, I am trying to point three existing domains to exisiting site. I want people to be able to surf around www.domain.com/forums/thread and www.anotherdomain.com/forums/thread

I am pretty sure there has to be a way to do this, does anybody know how?

Amy
    I can't remember where that stuff is located in Ensim, but start in your httpd.conf file and follow the bunny trail to the virtual sites.
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did, and I thought I found what I needed to change, but it only changed where the admin interface was pointing. There is a domainmap.db file that might be it, but I don't know how to open or edit it.

Amy

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think.. (could be wrong) that what you are looking for may be in /etc/httpd/conf/virtual/siteX (file not a directory).

Hope this helps.