SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My New E Procurement site

I would like to invite you to review and critique my latest project. My goal is to improve usability before I publish and go live for business. Basic functions such as profile creation, login, create new reverse auction are all functional. Thanks for your time! http://connectforbiz.cloudaccess.net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Just noticed that you posted this! I have a few pointers:

1) Change your 'Get started' button color with the the 'How it works'. You want your audience to get started and it doesn't stand out versus the 'How it works' button which is rather brightly colored.
    2) The menu on 'Find buyers' -> 'Products' etc. I can't tell if I am on a category or a subcategory. When I press for electronics and I get the extra (sub-sub-menu) options they should be indented or styled differently anyway, because it's a bit of a guess right not if I have pressed it or not.
    3) I believe you could improve the top menu by sorting the options in order to better reflect your business. For instance, go for: 'Home', 'Buy', 'Buyers', 'About', 'Contact', 'Search', 'Login'.

In general, I like the colors and the design.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall pretty good, layout, design and colours are nice.

1. The dropdown under "find buyers" has a different font to the other dropdowns, is that intentional, doesn't look right.

2. Copyright states 2012.

3. Do you need the date in the top right?

Other than that it looks OK and is an interesting concept, good luck!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove date.
    And some other social network icons along with Facebook and Twitter.
    I suggest to put login and registration tab on header where date is placed. And use drop down sort of thing. If you are unclear then let me now I will share examples with you.

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The text content in "How it works" is too long, the attention span of users reading online content will only last for about 5 minutes, they might lose interest if the text is too long. It could have been better, in my opinion only, if there's infographic in your "How it works" content.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Images on the left side that rotate distract from the main site. Those images don't serve a purpose though. Light yellow letters on a white background diminish your message.

Good layout but I think your message is getting swallowed by a few easy to change issues.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it looks pretty nice. One thing I would change has to do with the menu. Currently the mouse pointer doesn't change to the hand when the mouse is over the menu. I would change it so that when the mouse is over the menu the pointer changes to a hand. I'm also not sure that the date in the upper right hand corner is really necessary. Other than that. I think it looks really slick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Change the site title to your target keywords.
    2. What happen with "TM" in footer?
    9HWD.com - The HD Wallpapers Network.
    FB covers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, I have a couple of comments on the design and the concept as presented on the homepage:

- I had a generally positive first impression upon hitting the homepage. My attention went right to the carousel. I could have had an easier time reading the yellow/orange font (maybe want to make this a bit darker?). I felt the carousel was rotating too quickly -- this is likely a dual problem of there being too much text in each carousel panel, and the speed actually being too fast.

- More broadly, I had a hard time understanding the purpose of the site in the first 10 seconds I was there. I get that you're trying to save everyone money. But why is this applicable to me? I had a hard time believing that this service was going to be useful to MY business and MY needs because your copy makes it sound like you're targeting the world. For instance, what kinds of postings will I find on your site? What kind of stuff should I be posting? I totally understand the desire to make a one-size-fits-all solution, but I think it's extremely difficult to drive traffic and get user conversion with such an approach.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback, I slowed down the rotating slideshow and changed the colors of some of the text. My target market is essentially anyone who wants to post want ads- with the added bonus of competing offers from suppliers. If you are a business owner (seller) the value in my site will be in the ability to quickly locate customers interested in your product or service. You can review their want ad and make them an offer if you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by nsdub View Post
    Hey there, I have a couple of comments on the design and the concept as presented on the homepage:

- I had a generally positive first impression upon hitting the homepage. My attention went right to the carousel. I could have had an easier time reading the yellow/orange font (maybe want to make this a bit darker?). I felt the carousel was rotating too quickly -- this is likely a dual problem of there being too much text in each carousel panel, and the speed actually being too fast.

- More broadly, I had a hard time understanding the purpose of the site in the first 10 seconds I was there. I get that you're trying to save everyone money. But why is this applicable to me? I had a hard time believing that this service was going to be useful to MY business and MY needs because your copy makes it sound like you're targeting the world. For instance, what kinds of postings will I find on your site? What kind of stuff should I be posting? I totally understand the desire to make a one-size-fits-all solution, but I think it's extremely difficult to drive traffic and get user conversion with such an approach.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The selected tabs.. like "Our Affiliates" could be more dark color and unselected tab text's could be of light color....also you can use some more dark shade background image so that "main white section" have more focus..