User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Educational portal

Hello everyone! Could you please review my website: w101.net

We are Webmaster University - an educational portal for individuals and organizations who wish to learn how to create and manage great websites. We know like no one else that making own website can become a serious headache, so we share experience and knowledge to help make the entire process inexpensive, easy, and fun.

Let me know what do you think about design?

Thank you in advance!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is nice and clean. I liked the background image color and the steps 1,2,3,4,5 how you have laid it out. I did not understand what the website is all about though

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design looks nice, especially the icons. It's a nice guide for beginners. I like the typography and the color scheme.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like this design - suits the subject perfectly and you have used some nice icons that enhance the site visually. Also very easy to navigate around the site. Good job!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is a really good website design. I do have a few issues. I think your home page should have less content on it. More directed towards what the site is all about than just jumping right into the process of getting a website up and running. The website feels more like a way to collect revenue (which is obviously what it is all about) than more of a resource to learn. Even though the content is really well done and thought out. The content on the blog is very general from the articles that I did read as well. For instance the host comparison blog post. It really didn't project any authority on the topic. As a learning tool I'd expect the posts to go into much more detail with some kind of statistical references as well as a recommendation to one or the other.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with robawtic that it would be better to have less content on the home page. I would make the menu buttons on the header larger, as they seem pretty small to me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is fresh, i like the texture in the background . But I'd have to agree with robawtic and Nat3, the home page seems to jump right into the content. The steps 1-5 with the red drawn arrows keeps me interested; however, I was a bit confused having it used to navigate throughout the home page AND separate pages after the home page. Some of the drawn red lines and boxes get out of place when the page is shrunk to tablet or mobile size but that's not too big of a deal.

Hope this helps a bit

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good use of color combination. I think the navigation should be a little bigger to make sure people click through to your other pages. The homepage doesn't seem to focus on any one thing. This can leave people with many decisions and maybe inaction (except to leave). Try putting something in the middle where you have the workflow to get some click thrus. I think the workflow is a little too much to be the main focus.

Your tagline text is gray on gray...there's no emphasis yet it is big. This is a conflict.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice effort, but you should have to make more valuable content to bring more traffic.
    Wish u best of luck

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello w101net, educational portal always provide appropriate information about the any educational institution. So therefore, all education related websites should be students friendly which can help them to gain knowledge from the concerned website.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have developed the website in wordpress,that great.Even most of my websites are developed in wordpress.Additionally you can also integrate online chat plugin(I prefer Zopim).The website overall looks good ,i like the way you have designed and explained it.