SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The buttons after each post?

First off, let me say the design is great! Looks crisp, professional, and really stands out.

I just have a question about the buttons that used to be under each post for that user. The ones that gave the website, e-mail, PM, AIM, etc. Will those be added? I thought it was very convenient. I know there is a link under the username but I thought that the links under each post were easier to find and use.

Thanks for putting the time and effort you do into making these boards better.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the things I want to do with the current design is to clearly delineate what links are for user information (Profiles, PM, WWW, EMAIL, etc...) and what links are for the post itself (Report, IP, Edit, Quick Reply, Advanced Reply, etc...)

I was hoping that separating it in the way I did would make this clear. I am welcome to hearing valid suggestions on this though.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne, I think it's a great idea My offer still stands on redoing some of the buttons as well (did you get my email)?
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Luke
    One of the things I want to do with the current design is to clearly delineate what links are for user information (Profiles, PM, WWW, EMAIL, etc...) and what links are for the post itself (Report, IP, Edit, Quick Reply, Advanced Reply, etc...)

I was hoping that separating it in the way I did would make this clear. I am welcome to hearing valid suggestions on this though.
    I think that the buttons for user information could be on the left side of under that horizontal rule at the bottom of each post and the post info could be at the right. When I get home tonight I will try and draw up some more ideas.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartmann
    I think that the buttons for user information could be on the left side of under that horizontal rule at the bottom of each post and the post info could be at the right. When I get home tonight I will try and draw up some more ideas.
    The problem with that at lower resolutions you have 10 buttons or so that run into each other in that space. You can tell what belongs to the post and what belongs to the user themself.

There will be some other buttons added as well like Report for regular members and mentors and an IP and "WARN" button for Advisors and Administrators. So that means up to 5 buttons for the post and up to 6 buttons (PROFILE, PM, EMAIL, WWW, SEARCH, BUDDY) for the user.

Plus I want to try something to start a related thread... Where the user can quote a post but it is in a new thread instead of a simple post. This is to give people more capabilities and to help threads stay on topic.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------