SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice website. Most of the elements looks professional and some not. For example what is the white empty rectangles on the top and on the bottom of the page? But in general it looks pretty good.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a good think . It is a very good site and i like animation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Animation is good but look wise that is very normal not attractive.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your website design is nice.
    At this moment you need to know what is white hat seo, that get more visitor+revenue.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My very first impression was "wow..lots of stuff on the screen" and then I read the content and really like what you are doing with this information. I wonder if there is a better way to structure like having tabs across the top with the headers like "Newest Entries", "CSS", etc. as the "buckets of content"..may halp with real estate and organization of data. I have saved this a favorite because I am new to website devlopment.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have done good job over all. You have to tweet some thing like if you go bottom most scrolling down all page is wipe to top. This should be fixed if you have at bottom most then max part of page should be shown. Text color with text background color need be improved. Over all good things are there to see and to utilize.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like the background, looks really childish, but works with the overall idea of the page,

gave me a happy feeling, just watching it, think people will recognize / remember yr site just by the background

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have done a great job. Your design layout is quite impressive. Overall it's the best one!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the overall design of your site. I think the content here is great. From the posts I checked out, I found them all to be usefulI think the content here is great. From the posts I checked out, I found them all to be useful to tend to agree with you. Most other sites of its kind do as you suggested. I also am not sure why there is a comments section on the home page
    Last edited by DaveMaxwell; May 21, 2013 at 09:23.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is solid. The color scheme is coherent. I like the way the content "floats" above the background and the color changes of the mouse hovers.

I think you need more of a header or logo. I was trying to figure out what your website's "name" was and it took me a couple minutes to figure out it was in the banner being pulled by the plane. When I first saw the plane I thought it was just a cool animation and didn't realize it had the website name in it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main page load speed seems slow

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job sir.

The only things I see as obvious things:
    Animation should be quicker as mentioned above.
    Is it responsive? A lot of your customer base will be tech savvy mobile/tablet users

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the site is cool create a contact form so that it will be easy to reach you na

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website design like this is passable to me. Though I find it kind'a boring. I say you spice up this a bit but retain this simplicity so that it's easy for your visitors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, like somebody else mentioned, it's good that we have the option to turn off the animation - it's not to everyone's taste. I like the transparent menus, and the fact it's also a sticky header. The colour scheme is pretty good too - bright but not clashing. Also like the layering effect you've added. What I don't understand is why the image of the guy sitting on the grass is hidden under the other text boxes. Think it would make more sense to move him more to the right hand corner. Otherwise good effort, well done!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arkumar View Post
    the site is cool create a contact form so that it will be easy to reach you na
    Nothing easier than clicking a link.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it. Very well done!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing job! Looks great !

Keep up the good work. Cheers

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are off to a good start. It does need improvement though as I would think most sites do. The better it looks the better it will do once the traffic starts to take off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great site colourfull and I like a graphic, good job!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impressions are confused! There is a hell of a lot to see and read on that home page - I had no idea where to look, I didn't feel like the design was helping me identify what it was you could help me with or how to find it. The animation, whilst pleasing enough didn't seem to be connected to the rest of the design - it just seemed to be a completely different website to the text overlaid onto it. I am not sure what you are trying to achieve but I'd suggest a rethink on the orientation and navigation cues to help new users. Good luck.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Intelzon View Post
    First impressions are confused! There is a hell of a lot to see and read on that home page - I had no idea where to look, I didn't feel like the design was helping me identify what it was you could help me with or how to find it. The animation, whilst pleasing enough didn't seem to be connected to the rest of the design - it just seemed to be a completely different website to the text overlaid onto it. I am not sure what you are trying to achieve but I'd suggest a rethink on the orientation and navigation cues to help new users. Good luck.
    Like I tell my boys when they are confused. "Read what it says." In this case it reads "Picnic Website Code Tutorials." Can't miss it. To me, that would mean "easy website/code tutorials". Walla! No more confusion.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya the site is pretty much as fast as you can make it without removing functionality. I've done all the standard speed things. JS at the bottom and in one file. htaccess cache and compression. Html is as lean as can be. Css in one file. Browsers have a prob with all that fixed stuff, the animation, and jquery load. The google search and disqus comments are probably the worst speed culprits with all the inline JS **** they throw in. Any thing I can move to the bottom I have.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow this site is amazing to me. I do have a few suggestions which I've seen a few other people suggest as well. I think you should reverse the animation and let users have the option to enable them after the page has loaded. It might be a bit overwhelming at first and might take away from what you want the user to do.

Also, the site has great & useful information but it's overwhelming. Perhaps to keep up with the fun theme of the website create a "Trending" or "Featured" section that helps users find related content.

Hope this helps! Great job on the site!