SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really a fun and good work. I appreciate your work and it is a good attempt.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice url, I'm surprised it wasn't already taken. The on/off animation switch is useful if you don't want it. Also the content is good and very useful and in high demand.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loads of content. Nice job there. If you want to keep the animation, I'd get a heat map going and see how hot the off button for is. The sun image doesn't serve any purpose but draws the eye immediately.

Good idea putting category headers in different color boxes. Saves space vs making them bigger. I wonder if grouping topics by category (uses different colors, boxes, etc) would be better on the eyes. All items are blue and kind of run together.

I don't like the header navigation. It overlaps content when you scroll.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work here - you've gathered up tons of content and organized it (which is quite often a headache).
    The only thing that doesn't fit (at least for me) is the sunny background with moving clouds.

Maybe I'm just too used to see programming oriented websites with a more abstract design?

Why did you pick this background?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneK View Post
    Great work here - you've gathered up tons of content and organized it (which is quite often a headache).
    The only thing that doesn't fit (at least for me) is the sunny background with moving clouds.

Maybe I'm just too used to see programming oriented websites with a more abstract design?

Why did you pick this background?
    Why does the sun move where you come from? Lol. Just kidding. I don't know... I was just tooling around looking for inspiration and coding random things and it starting to come to life. Once I started taking that direction I took pause, and figured what the hey, why not be different. I've never been one to run with the crowd. Even if I'm going the wrong way.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Eric,
    Just wanted to say thanks for this useful website. I like all the moving parts

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EricWatson View Post
    Why does the sun move where you come from? Lol. Just kidding. I don't know... I was just tooling around looking for inspiration and coding random things and it starting to come to life. Once I started taking that direction I took pause, and figured what the hey, why not be different. I've never been one to run with the crowd. Even if I'm going the wrong way.
    Good saying, lol.
    I was just thinking about the association that plays important part in the peoples' heads - maybe you got the point here - after visiting your site, every time the one will see the sun, he'll think of it.
    Also, did you ever consider making moving parts a bit slower (it's a bit distracting when you try to focus on reading)?
    Just saying

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is great for novice web designer. The only thing i can think of a change for the website is the "entry page" and "view demo page" to be merge in one page. Would be also great if you could share your topics and also add a indicator beside the "entry title" how many post/comments have been made

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clestcruz View Post
    The site is great for novice web designer. The only thing i can think of a change for the website is the "entry page" and "view demo page" to be merge in one page. Would be also great if you could share your topics and also add a indicator beside the "entry title" how many post/comments have been made
    Thanks but that was by design. The demo page is not just to see what it looks like. More importantly its to figure out how it works in order to put in your project. How many times did you need to study a demo to see how it did what it did only to have to first spend 20 minutes striping all the fluff out of the page. My goal is to only include the essential rules to enable them to work. Any extra is just a road block to comprehension.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really Nice WebSites,And Given Information.. Nice site and good work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like your design. However, when I first took a look at it my first thought was its a site for kids....Maybe a preschool or something along the lines. Then when I looked around a little bit more I saw what its about. I just don't think that the theme/design suits the website well. It made me a bit confused at first. Just my opinion of course

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brettr View Post
    Loads of content. Nice job there. If you want to keep the animation, I'd get a heat map going and see how hot the off button for is. The sun image doesn't serve any purpose but draws the eye immediately.

Good idea putting category headers in different color boxes. Saves space vs making them bigger. I wonder if grouping topics by category (uses different colors, boxes, etc) would be better on the eyes. All items are blue and kind of run together.

I don't like the header navigation. It overlaps content when you scroll.
    Your right. I'll try and conform and blend in with everyone else. I've always wanted to have a site just like the other 1,000,000 people. I will try harder to be one amongst the masses. That's better.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool site. Animations may not serve any extra purpose, apart from this search engines too do not like this type of features. You have rtihgtly created a on and off choice but better if you remove it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shubh View Post
    Cool site. Animations may not serve any extra purpose, apart from this search engines too do not like this type of features. You have rtihgtly created a on and off choice but better if you remove it.
    FYI seo could care less if its moving

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I really like the look of your site it's very user friendly and immedietly caught my attention

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really love your design, very organised and I really liked the interactive background makes the site very unique! maybe have some information about the site itself like a summary

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Eric, your website is looking so good and user friendly also. I am a web developer and if you give me a chance i'll provide you serveral additional features and designs to become you website more attractive to catch the concentration of user....

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Eric.
    Forgot to ask - have you been thinking about putting a list of top viewed articles somewhere on the website?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome tutorials, I'm going to have to bookmark the page. I do find the animation a bit distracting though, so thank you for allowing the option to turn it off. On the homepage though, there is a lot of information there and can be hard to find what your looking for. What about adding a search box above all of the links that will filter the lists based on user input without reloading the page?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very detailed site structure i love it..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    website design looks great, clean and simple. the colours just work.
    one thing i must criticise though is there is so much info right up front, you need to sort all the tutorials into categories and have them listed in a drop down menu or something,
    would just make it easier to go through and find what im looking for, other than that the tutorials are professional standard and i will be visiting for future references!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the splash of colors. A couple of things I observed is that you seem to follow the standard layout of an average blog meaning that it is easier for users to navigate. It's nice but everything seems to move too slow. Maybe try increasing the speed of that transition? 200ms or so? Also, with the animation on I feel like it moves too fast, and maybe a bit too distracting, nice touch with the animations on/off switch though! You knew your audience! Also, for future use, I suggest listing your tutorials by order of difficulty as, for beginners, it can be hard to navigate a massive list of tutorials without an easy to follow order. And I notice your navigation bar does not have any fade animations like everything else, might I suggest a quick CSS3 fix:
    transition: color 200ms ease-in-out

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnynn View Post
    I love the splash of colors. A couple of things I observed is that you seem to follow the standard layout of an average blog meaning that it is easier for users to navigate. It's nice but everything seems to move too slow. Maybe try increasing the speed of that transition? 200ms or so? Also, with the animation on I feel like it moves too fast, and maybe a bit too distracting, nice touch with the animations on/off switch though! You knew your audience! Also, for future use, I suggest listing your tutorials by order of difficulty as, for beginners, it can be hard to navigate a massive list of tutorials without an easy to follow order. And I notice your navigation bar does not have any fade animations like everything else, might I suggest a quick CSS3 fix:
    Thanks good tips!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you did a pretty good job.
    The design is a little bit so so (my taste) but the content is really useful.
    I think the background is too much, I'm disturbed by all the color and animated.
    Also, I recommend to move down the menu as it should be more visible.
    But again, you have great content and it's the most important.
    Thanks for sharing

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a really great site and it looks even good through my mobile's browser. It is quite interactive and colourful and is not bad at all. Great coding skills unlike me where I am quite messy. You could tweak the layout a bit more and make the site bit more fun. Use google analytics to improve yoyr site and stylize the site a bit more. Also try different font styles.