SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reply / Close Buttons, viewthread toolbars?

I had been hoping that we would get toolbars at the top and bottom of the viewthread screen like on the vBulletin.com Community - It gives new thread and reply (replaced with closed if a thread is locked) buttons, the forum name and next / last thread links, as well as options to choose linear, hybrid or threaded mode views.

I know that you can get Linear, Hybrid, Threaded options at the bottom of each thread (well hidden though) and that Last Thread | Next Thread at the bottom of each page, however the lack of a proper reply button is really starting to annoy me now. Also having the above toolbar would allow a closed image to replace post reply image when a thread is locked would also be a great help - the only indication of a threads status being the Quick Reply Box (or lack of one) is also really annoying me.

Also will the 3 edit, quick reply and reply (quote) images display edit, reply, quote in time? - these are really starting to confuse me.

At the very least we should have some sort of image / link saying if a thread is open to replies or closed in the thread view somewhere.

I appreciate there are more important issues to deal with at the moment, however I'd really appreciate it if these could be considered / included in time - they'd really improve my browsing experience

Great work so far...
    ZOO
    Last edited by zoo; Feb 25, 2003 at 16:08. Reason: Changed a few things :)
    Rick