SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a script for spam checking out there?

There are some words one should avoid when sending out e-mails to clients, since spam filters remove some things that are either in the subject line or in the text.

Is there any script to use for this? I guess there must be something already done to just use out there.
    When I write a subject line and a message I would like the script to go through the words or sentences to see if there are some words that might be worth changing before sending.
    I know there are some pages online where I can insert my text and get a message telling me if it's ok or not, but it would be nice to have it inside my own page every time I write something that I'm going to send.
    Well, probably I know what words to avoid, but if someone else is writing a message, like a colleague of mine. Maybe they don't know.
    So, I think it would be great to have some checking. Or is it easy to do this?
    I have found a lot of different lists of words to avoid, so I guess I can insert that into a table. But is there a simple way to run through a text?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad62 View Post
    But is there a simple way to run through a text?
    A little more detail on the structure of the file would be good.....
    Never grow up. The instant you do, you lose all ability to imagine great things, for fear of reality crashing in.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I haven't got a file yet. Just thought about. I have a lot of things in my head and just curious.

If I have a field called 'subject' and one text area called 'message'.
    Then, before inserting this into my table, can I run through the inputs and check for either words or sentences that match what I have in a table called tbl_spam?
    And that table would have a field called spam_lines (where I have words like 'Congratulations' and 'Free membership' that are listed as spam).

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make them PCRE strings; run a mass preg_replace.
    Never grow up. The instant you do, you lose all ability to imagine great things, for fear of reality crashing in.