For a little background on how I arrived at realizing I have a problem, see this forum/post.

So, here's my situation . . .

I have some production webpages out there using a now deprecated table attribute: bordercolor="‹·value·›" and below is a sample tag showing the attribute in question:
Code:
<table width="100%" cellpadding="9" cellspacing="0" border="1" bordercolor="#ffffff" bgcolor="#dfdfdf">
All the other attributes seem to still work fine (though I wonder how many are living on borrowed time).

On any given page, I may have more than one table, each with different attribute values for bordercolor.

I believe if achieving the same result is doable, then I need to accomplish it using CSS, about which I know almost nothing. I also realize there's a lot to learn when it comes to CSS, and that I need to learn about it in earnest. However for now, I just need some quick help on how to get my tables looking again, the way they're supposed to.

I'm hoping someone can show me how to incorporate the correct CSS statements within my HTML document. I expect I'll need a separate statement for each uniquely styled table within that document. And then I'll need to know how to modify the tag (see above code), to link it to the applicable CSS statement.

I expect the code involved will be pretty brief and readily comprehensible, once demonstrated. But I think figuring it out by reading through CSS instructional materials will just take more time than I want to let go by before I can restore my tables to their proper appearance.

So . . .

If anyone can help me out with this, I'll be very, very grateful.

Thanks.
—Thri