Twitter and Facebook: Use specific blog page or personal account?
I am starting a personal blog that will be discussing some issues on the application of science in every day life and my experiences. Something like a personal development blog.
- Which do you think is the most appropriate way to work? Advertise my site through my existing accounts of my name in both twitter and facebook or to create a separate account on twitter and a page on fb for my blog?
- Use comment form that connects with facebook or a normal one?
The short answer is its up to you. You should think about what your goals are for the blog and for your web presence in general. If you want to create a brand but don’t always want to be promoting that brand to your everyday friends, then setting up separate accounts would be better. If on the other hand you want to promote your site and your brand to the people you already know on a regular basis, then doing that on your established networks is appropriate.
Here is a good post about how to keep business separate from personal on Facebook. Maybe it can give you some ideas.
1. Create a facebook fan page related to your blog.
2. create a twitter account related to your blog.
3. Start adding content to your blog and share the same on your facebook and twitter on a regular basis.
4. Check out what your competitors are doing to bring traffic to their blog.
5. You can also have guest bloggers posting on your blog.
6. Run contests, give free giveaways to members of the week etc.
7. Give people incentives to stick with you. ( Discount coupons for something related to your niche).
8. Post on your blog on a regular basis.
9. Reply to all the mails/comments on a regular basis.
10. Rinse and repeat.