SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook and Website Images

When you add a link in Facebook you are given the opportunity to include an image from the site. Usually you have to choose from around 6 images which may not include the image you want. Is there a way to force Facebook to include other images in the webpage in the choice. The website in question is one I am in control of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also met this problem, but I don't find any solution. I think you cannot control Facebook to bring up that image if it does not find itself.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too had the same problem, if anyone knows the solutions please let us know.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlforr View Post
    When you add a link in Facebook you are given the opportunity to include an image from the site. Usually you have to choose from around 6 images which may not include the image you want. Is there a way to force Facebook to include other images in the webpage in the choice. The website in question is one I am in control of.
    If the website is yours it's possible to specify the first image to see through Facebook's Open Graph tags, if not it's a bit trickier and often easier to just upload the image and link in the body.
    - Ted S