SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Should a firm go in for Facebook Page or Facebook Individual Profile??

What is the best way to garner potential through Facebook? Should we create our business profile on “Facebook Page” or we should use “Facebook Individual” account where we can add “Friends” in the list. As “Facebook Page” profile does not have friends list what is the better choice?? "Facebook Page" or "Facebook Individuals" Account?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go for a FaceBook page, as I fail to see the point in having (to accept) 'Friends'. Allowing people to simply like (and thus follow) your FaceBook page should already to the trick. It keeps everyone who's interested up to date and that's the point of having a FaceBook page, after all.
    Excellence is not a skill. It's an attitude.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Macy-Lynn go with the page it is a lot easier. You can use your individual account also if you need to gather friends Hope it helps

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are only permitted to use a page for your business. Personal accounts are just that, personal, and intended to be used by individuals for direct connections under their real name with specific benefits, and limits, geared towards user to user use.

With so many businesses on Facebook now, deviating from this will just make for an odd experience for your interested followers.
    - Ted S

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    You are only permitted to use a page for your business. Personal accounts are just that, personal, and intended to be used by individuals for direct connections under their real name with specific benefits, and limits, geared towards user to user use.

With so many businesses on Facebook now, deviating from this will just make for an odd experience for your interested followers.
    Yes, Thanks a lot. I find the strong point in the advice

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is good to make Facebook page for business and it should be updated with company's latest updates this helps in branding of a company

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Ted pointed out
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    additionally in Facebook terms prohibit users from having more than 1 personal account.

Also, as an individual you are limited to having 5,000 friends whereas there is no maximum number of likes.

Bottom line: Page all the way.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i go for facebook page,coz we can create facebook page only when we have an account.In this way we can maintain a profile and a fan page.

Yes, there is no option of friends list in fan page but you can make friends on profile and can invite them to your fan page.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it kind of sad when I see a business promoting itself as an individual account. It goes to show they don't really have the nouse for advertising and are not very internet savvy.
    Picture - Image hosting & media sharing

SitePoint Mentor bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htpc View Post
    I find it kind of sad when I see a business promoting itself as an individual account. It goes to show they don't really have the nouse for advertising and are not very internet savvy.
    Exposure is the magic word since consumers take about three sitings before the product registers. Same as motorway drivers who often miss the first two turn-off signs

A quick Google...

"http://www.entrepreneur.com/blog/224386"

"http://www.hqsocialmedia.com/5-large-companies-that-consider-social-media-a-must/"
    Learn how to be ready for The New Move to Discourse

How to make Make Money Now with a *NEW* look

Be sure to congratulate Patche on earning Member of the Month for July 2014

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three? Nah, it often only takes a glance to register:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQjr1YL0zg

My point was businesses using personal accounts on Facebook instead of using business pages as they should, not businesses using social media as an advertising tool.

SitePoint Mentor bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Three? Nah, it often only takes a glance to register:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQjr1YL0zg

My point was businesses using personal accounts on Facebook instead of using business pages as they should, not businesses using social media as an advertising tool.
    I did like the video and there were quite a few logos displayed, posters, tshirts, newspapers, window dressing, etc and also as a friend who was in advertising often said "If you've got it, flaunt it".
    Learn how to be ready for The New Move to Discourse

How to make Make Money Now with a *NEW* look

Be sure to congratulate Patche on earning Member of the Month for July 2014

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Fb page is the right choice for any firm.

dooby dooby doo silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatanidea1 View Post
    Why? Please elaborate and give reasons for your opinion WAI.
    Mike Swiffin - Community Team Advisor
    Only a woman can read between the lines of a one word answer.....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook profiles are meant to represent a single individual and if you are willing to represent a company or firm than Fb business pages are best.
    A page represents your company without showing any face with it.

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook page is really designed to promote a business, a product, service, brand, person, cause etc. Even FB is recommending to use a Page for companies/organizations/etc to showcase their work than using a personal account. Also, you can promote your page through paid advertising, unlike in a personal account.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatanidea1 View Post
    I'd disagree with that. I've seen small firms build FB pages and get absolutely no business from it at all. Apart from a few family and friends liking it there's nobody of interest taking any notice of what they are promoting.

For big firms it is a must.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd disagree with that. I've seen small firms build FB pages and get absolutely no business from it at all. Apart from a few family and friends liking it there's nobody of interest taking any notice of what they are promoting.

For big firms it is a must.
    Not every business is going to find results from a facebook page, twitter account or whatever the tool may be but by in large I like the opportunity more for locals than big names. As a big name you're communicating on everything to everyone while a local business can really build something related to what they do with people who follow because they know them.

Now that said, my plumber is unlikely to get a like from me no matter what his page is about. But that's ok... he's got Yelp, service review and others to try out.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be a Facebook page, not only does it look more professional, but you don't have restrictions like only 5,000 friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook pages are separate from user profiles, and it is designed for an organization’s needs to communicate, distribute information/content, engage their fans, and capture new audiences virally through their fan’s recommendations to their friends. Facebook Pages are designed to be a media rich, valuable presence for any artist, business or brand.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would suggest that you should go for a facebook page instead of indovidual profiles. you should optimize your company page and put in awesome content and then using your personal facebook profile and friends, you should spread the word about liking your company and growing your network.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Create an individual account in Facebook. Then create a page. This will work good. Always promote a business in page not as individual.
    PHP Programming Itís more than just writing code

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always go for the page. It looks more professional than an individual page because of its look and just the authority that the page commands is different from a regular page. Also it has some added benefits than a regular page.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Individual FB page may seem fake and strange, a bit like a spam, so you would be probably banned quite fast. Well, it is a good idea if you have many real friends so that you can promote your business among them (if this is possible) but I'd generally go for separate FB page
    http://www.yourshoutbox.com <- FREE chat for your website - limited offer
    http://www.smartchatbox.com <- let your visitors talk

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Facebook page would be a best choice for any firm because people can find it more easily as
    adding as an individual is a relatively long process.For "website design and development" and other services people usually prefer pages not individual profiles.