SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    PHP + cutecom

    hello guys,i wanted to execute cutecom in php so i can send command and get reply from a device in php. is that possible? if so, please share your idea. thanks

  2. #2
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Communicate over CuteCom using PHP

    hey, i wanna ask you something, the idea is i wanna combine php and cutecom but i don't know if it's possible. i have 1 external device which is a DSP processor, i need to send command through the serial port to the device, and the processor will reply it's data. Cutecom works really well but the thing is, i wanna execute cutecom from php. is that even possible?

  3. #3
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kolding, Denmark
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what cutecom is, but you can try exec, system or passthru, depending on your needs.

  4. #4
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronalds View Post
    I have no idea what cutecom is, but you can try exec, system or passthru, depending on your needs.
    cutecom.png

    i've uploaded cutecom picture with some operation going on. i wanted to execute this through php. is it possible?

  5. #5
    Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    cpradio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,214
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Marvin_G, I moved this to a separate thread, as it really should have its own discussion.

    In short, from my quick searching, it seems CuteCom is a serial emulator, allowing you to pass commands over a cable to another device, is that correct? If so, you could probably utilize the system and exec functions in php to send your communication through CuteCom, but to be honest, I've never used PHP this way, so someone else who has might be a better reference than I.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpradio View Post
    Hey Marvin_G, I moved this to a separate thread, as it really should have its own discussion.

    In short, from my quick searching, it seems CuteCom is a serial emulator, allowing you to pass commands over a cable to another device, is that correct? If so, you could probably utilize the system and exec functions in php to send your communication through CuteCom, but to be honest, I've never used PHP this way, so someone else who has might be a better reference than I.
    yes that's the way it works, have u ever heard of minicom?

  7. #7
    Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    cpradio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,214
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin_G View Post
    cutecom.png

    i've uploaded cutecom picture with some operation going on. i wanted to execute this through php. is it possible?
    If you can figure out what commands are being executed in the background, you can use the system, exec, and passthru commands in PHP to send them along.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpradio View Post
    If you can figure out what commands are being executed in the background, you can use the system, exec, and passthru commands in PHP to send them along.
    that's the thing, i just dont know what are the background command used in cutecom. nevermind then, i'll try. thanks anyway. ^^

  9. #9
    Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    cpradio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,214
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what you are interfacing with as I don't work on the hardware/network side anymore (never really did honestly), but this may be of interest (its using minicom)
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=17527

  10. #10
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Cups's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    France, deep rural.
    Posts
    6,869
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This guy is doing interesting things with PHP / Arduinos etc Tinker, Failure, Solder, Why? (PHP tagged posts) and posts code talking to devices via ports.

    I hope this is relevant and of interest.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •