User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Urgent - Database Table is stuffed

Hi guys,
    Something has I assume corrupted one of my database tables.

The database is on a remote SQL Server and I have been accessing it with Microsoft Access when I need to make changes (changes are also made through my website with ASP.NET).

It is no longer accessible with script, and when I try to open it with Microsoft Access it gives me this error message:

ADO Error: Unable to insert the value NULL into column ",table"; column does not allow nulls. Insert Fails. The statement has been terminated

This has happened to two seperate database tables now.

What's worse is that it gives me a "Fatal Error" message when I try to delete the table.

I can easily recreate the table, but as I am unable to remove or try to fix the last one it seems I would have to give the table a different name and change the 10-15 pages that reference that table name.

But given it has already happened to two tables, I would prefer to learn what is going wrong and how to fix the database rather than continually moving tables around.

Any ideas?

I need a solution to this rather quickly as the site is live and people are unable to access the page to create draftlists at the moment.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Last edited by mtffafl; Feb 19, 2003 at 20:26.
    MTFFAFL WebFooty - Are You On The Ball?
    Fantasy Australian Football
    http://www.webfooty.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a quick-and-dirty solution make all columns nullable.

Possible solution: Check that all identity columns still have the identity attribute set. When transfering tables, SQL Server will sometimes remove the identity attribute from a table. If your code is not setting that value, then Null errors will start popping up.

Jamie