SitePoint Addict bronze trophy vectorialpx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review for my Admin Panel website

Hello!

I have a project recently launched - http://www.phpadminpanel.com
    I'd like some reviews for UX and also text-content (english is not my native language).

Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks nice! Small tip on the language: the Viemo video should be titled 'What does the PHP Admin Panel look like?' or 'What the PHP Admin Panel looks like'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel it's very nice, but what do you do next?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Viemo video should be titled 'What does the PHP Admin Panel look like?' or 'What the PHP Admin Panel looks like'.
    Thanks! Did it ok now.

I feel it's very nice, but what do you do next?
    Waiting I have some campaigns (one banner and some newsletter) but I'm not so good at marketing. I will have to wait and check the impact. First, people have to "get in touch", inform, than I'll get some sales.

By the way, as a dev-to-dev talk: do you find it as an expensive product, at $50 (judging by, let's say, the vimeo video from the first page)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    • I'd avoid using the word 'complex' in the first sentence about the product - It has a negative connotation even although I understand what you mean by it.
    • It would be really helpful to mention in your heading who this application is targeted at.
    • The text above the main navigation is so small I can't work out if you want me to read this or not.
    • There is too much text overall for a homepage, I would summarize everything. Also the video should be at the top of the page together with a clear heading.
    • I dont like the image carousel, it's distracting and doesn't do much to communicate the product.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumiyo
    I'd avoid using the word 'complex' in the first sentence about the product - It has a negative connotation even although I understand what you mean by it.
    Ok, made it "advanced" (it may be the same thing but I think it sounds better)

There is too much text overall for a homepage, I would summarize everything. Also the video should be at the top of the page together with a clear heading.
    I will think at the video position. About the text, I need it for a better SEO.

I dont like the image carousel, it's distracting and doesn't do much to communicate the product.
    Any suggestion?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!. Looks good. the roll over effect on you home page is pretty cool. I was kind of thrown at the amount of links available though. ie you have link within the "about php admin panel" for "features", then right next in the "Great Features" section you have another link to the same thing. It also seems the Title itself is a link as when you scroll over it changes color, then move a little left onto the smaller "Check All features" and it seems like yet another link, though I can see it the same one. I would suggest taking the link out of the top altogether as you have it yet again at the bottom of the "Great Feature" box.Just a bit overkill and it can be mildly confusing whether you are going to a link you haven't already been to. Definitely get some more social media content on there as well if you are looking to market better. Start a facebook page and try and get a little buzz going that way. I see you have twitter at the very bottom of the page but I almost missed it first time around. Might want to put that type of content in a place where people can easily see and follow to your various social sites. Another thing is the small text above your header which basically is just part of your explanation below the header. I would just add that into your description as it is a bit out of place up there. Also I would put your shopping cart link maybe next to where you have the price and download free demo positioned instead of near the "features" section.Anyway, The content is very cool though, You have a lot of interesting stuff on there. Good luck !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design looks great, I specially like the slider's rotation, though I would advice you to make the slider time dependent so users do not have to click on it to rotate. The boxes in which content is written is nicely placed and will help you in SEO as well. You can try to make the logo bigger and stand out.
    I give this design an 8 out of 10

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    main content text is too small, especially the Testimonials, I really have to look close at the screen to see what they are saying, also missing the favicon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting I have some campaigns (one banner and some newsletter) but I'm not so good at marketing. I will have to wait and check the impact. First, people have to "get in touch", inform, than I'll get some sales.
    If prices are reasonably close, it is not a matter of consideration. More important is information on the product, such as tutorials and pictures. Both HP and TI have calculators, but TI is more popular (although HP is cheaper) because TI has more information and help available for their calculator. This is a big lesson in marketing. An example of using the panel with pictures would be good. What can you show me (not tell me) about the panel that is better than others (easier to use, more features, etc.). This is marketing your product.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon
    Many good Free Tutorials at:
    http://freetutorials.name

SitePoint Member James_Thompson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2 cents - overall impression is wonderful, everything looks neat and all elements are on their places. The only thing I would advice change is to place "The PHP Admin Panel allows you to create your admin section in minutes, with a simple configuration." under the logo. Also to my mind it would be better to make in such a way:

YOUR LOGO
    Create your admin section in minutes with a simple configuration!

It will look like a call to action and will motivate your potential clients.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely get some more social media content on there as well if you are looking to market better. Start a facebook page and try and get a little buzz going that way. I see you have twitter at the very bottom of the page but I almost missed it first time around. Might want to put that type of content in a place where people can easily see and follow to your various social sites. Another thing is the small text above your header which basically is just part of your explanation below the header. I would just add that into your description as it is a bit out of place up there.