User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking around at this option. If anyone has had some good experiences in this area I would be greatful for knowing who it was with.

I can't use Everyone.net, as I will have to change from a cheaper ICANN affiliate to paying $70 just to register again for another 2 years through registerit.com. Everyone.net from what I uderstand will only accept MX records from Internic registered domains.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if I understand your question, but give BigMailBox.com a look.

If you don't have a domain, you can get @yourname.zzn.com at http://www.zzn.com (ZapZoneNetwork).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have quite a few domains. Some have been sitting and I figured it was time to get some extra use out of them. I have signed up with BigMailBox.com and have listed one domain with them. I hope to be able to be a choice of three as they are all related in reference to my main site.

I have my marketing down well. Have very good position on all the major search engines, plus a others that aren't as well known, but they bring a bit of traffic.

I've been using ListBot's opt-in e-mail service for close to 2 years now and have approx. 7,000 subscribers. I also run a free classified ads site that is painted with banners that lead back to my main site. I also run a Bulletin Board (Ultraboard), which is not bad, but wish it was mySQL, as the database funtions for Ultraboard are not as fast as this sites.

I also run banners from Link Exchange on my site and have recently, thanks to this board have purchased some pay for position placements with mostly odd ball terms that seem to bring a bit more. This is with GoTo.com

I figure the last has to be branded e-mail. My only concern is that I've heard that BigMailBox.com uses quite a few banner ads, as well as pop ups. I've looked at their site and subscribe to a few e-mail accounts and haven't seen any pop ups.

Anyone know more about this service? Has it been beneficial?

Not to seem picky, I just like to get the biggest bang for my buck and time, and past experience of others sure is beneficial in avoiding mistakes in my opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also might want to check out everyone.net. I use their services for one of my sites and it is pretty good. They only have the standard banner ads on the top of the screen but other than that, the ads aren't too obtrusive.

They are also relatively dependable and the mailboxes for your users have all the features of standard web based email accounts.
    http://www.schedulebay.com - for all your scheduling needs
    owen@schedulebay.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

I use Everyone.net for my community web portal and it is descent. usually with whatever branded email you won't get much control but at least you get some customization and pretty basic and simple functions for your users. everyone.net also provides bulletin boards if you didn't know.

check it out at my site http://www.Raioo.com and let me know what you think.

I looked at bigmailbox.com and I didn't find them very professional and attractive.

http://www.Outblaze.com (or .net or .org forgot what it was) is also descent BUT their servers seem to be slow and they require you to move your account to their host servers.. which is not very attractive if you want to remain in your present host or at your own server.

hope this helps,
    Adnane =)
    I appreciate the help of everyone at SitePoint.com

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by fredzepplin
    I can't use Everyone.net, as I will have to change from a cheaper ICANN affiliate to paying $70 just to register again for another 2 years through registerit.com. Everyone.net from what I uderstand will only accept MX records from Internic registered domains.

Thanks in advance.
    I thought ICANN accredited registrars, or their resellers were the only way to register domains?

Adam

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an e-mail branding program implemented, buut I do use Everyone.net for forums/chat service, and IMHO they are the most professional service available.

Don't go to the movies this week, and pay the $70 bucks for the correct domain registration.

(I always laugh when people go to such lengths to save what amounst to 2-3 bucks a month for domain registraition or hosting.)

Anyways, to each their own :-)

Best of Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_providers.htm

Go to the above url to find a list of all the provdiers that will enable you to offer free email services at your site. I own SoldierMail.com and I would suggest offering free email service on your site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fredzepplin, just read you host a list at Listbot with over 7,000 subscribers. I recommend switching it over to Topica. They are the best in that field. Visit their site and you'll known what I'm talking about. No ads, if you don't want them.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thnks to all that have replied. It's nice to be on a forum where folks actually are willing to reply to posts with some positive imput. I appreciate all the comments, and will let you know how things work out. I'll also look into moving my list over to Tropica. It's not a discussion list, but it does see a posting approx. once a week.

Take care;

Tim

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reread the question a couple of times, and still have no clue.
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello members!

Save all your troubles by going to everyone.net or the others and go with http://www.netmongol.com/

All you'll need to change is the Mx records and do the template for the email page.

Great service and the first 500 users are free. You will also own 100% of the banners.

If you would like to try the service go to:

http://www.guavamail.com

hope this help
    http://www.Lookpal.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went and looked at the site and saw that they feature yours as an example.

Nice set up they have. Almost to good to be true.

I see they start making money after 500 users signed up, but I can't see where they are nmaking money with no advertising.

Any insight. Not trying to be a sceptic here, but it almost sounds to good to be true.

Thanks for the imput as well. It's much appreciated.

Tim

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see they start making money after 500 users signed up, but I can't see where they are nmaking money with no advertising.

Any insight. Not trying to be a sceptic here, but it almost sounds to good to be true.

Tim
    Hello Fred!

It is true!

The owner of http://www.Netmongol.com/ is Greg. He also owns http://www.guavamail.com/

I use his service on my site. You can find it at:

http://www.lookpal.com/email.html

I did not want to tell you about my site due to boards regulations but I hope it is not a problem.

So far so good. I have not have any problems so far.

Concerning how he makes his money, Dont know for sure but I think he calculated how much he will make before making his service avaliable. I also think he makes good money from his own email sites.

hope this answer your question.

http://www.lookpal.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tim
    The advertising is OPTIONAL, meaning you don't have to have it if you don't want it. For some, they want it, because it gives them points or something in this system Topica has. They also make money from their web site's ads.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really surprising for me to find that not a single person in this forum has seen http://www.outblaze.com/
    They provide,
    Free Totally branding e-mail with 50% revenue share.
    Free Message Board
    Free Chat
    Free Calendar

P.S. : I was previously a big fan of every1.net, but now I feel that outblaze is much better than the earlier...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've submitted to most of them including Outblaze and have yet to hear back from them.

It's been about 5 to 7 days for the ones I've submitted to. Outblaze, and Bigboxmail.

I'm not interested in everyone.net. I've seen better sites out their, that don't require modification of the CNAME.

Every now and then someone comes out with a great idea, but makes it so complicated that it really isn't worth using it, and I believe everyone.net is one of them. The only thing I'd say they have going for them that some others don't is a faster setup time period.

If you are using a parked domain and don't have DNS access, you can use a free service by Central Information: htp://www.centralinfo.net

I use their free service to control the DNS of some parked domains that I own and it's worth every penny.

I looked at the site at: http://www.Netmongol.com/

If it does pan out it could be a good one, but haven't received a reply yet. Might just look at seting up my own mail server as I have the bandwidth for it

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But netmongol.com is NOT FREE!!!
    They charge you...

No. Users Cost Per Month
    0000-0999 $10
    1000-1999 $20
    2000-2999 $30
    3000-3999 $40
    4000-4999 $50
    5000-5999 $60
    6000-6999 $70
    7000-7999 $80
    8000-8999 $90
    9000-9999 $100
    and so on and so on

so I think most of us would prefer outblaze.com, or even bigmailbox.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem paying for something if the quality of the service is good.

Nothing is ever truely free these days. If it is there is always something that you won't like about the service.

I also noticed from their site that they don't spam your service with their own banners. I know for other companies that offer this service it becomes a premium plan and you have to pay for the banners to be removed, so it works out the same to me.

I'd prefer to use my own banner(s), without having 1/4 or less of the ad space available to myself.

Tim

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I guess the old saying of to good to be true is what: http://www.Netmongol.com/ is all about.

I signed up on their site, and never received a reply. I contacted the webmaster two other times and never received a reply.

I think that 5 days is about enough when it comes to waitinng for an e-mail reply.

Glad I didn't pay anything.

Hell it just seems that the fella is just starting out there, and he sure isn't going to see much business with the type of customer service he's offering.

I got hooked up with Bix Mail Box and so far things have run smoothly.

If you build your sign up page in frames, it will appear that your site is branded to theirs.

Your welcome to look at mine if you have any question:

http://www.pitbullmail.com

Thanks to those that replied.

No thank to http://www.Netmongol.com/ for the misleading statements about your service.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Told you in the first place,
    Netmongol charges you for a third-class service, and sites like very1 and bogmailbox give a top class service for FREE!
    So remember now, paid is not always the best...

anyway good luck with your site, I'll start my own with bigmailbox too!!!

bye4now,
    nEo

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's been about 5 days now since I got set up with Big mail Box for their free e-mail branding service, and I must say I'm impressed thus far.

I've gotten close to 300 members to sign up thus far and have seen an increase in the traffic on my main site as a result. I've also sold more products as well, that I know is a result of having the additional traffic coming back to my main site when they log out, or from the banners that I have on the site.

This is great. I'd recommend it to anyone. I asked many of the new members to the site how they found the service annd most have said it was faster than Yahoo or Hotmail.

I like it. The only thing it doesn't support however is POP accounts, but hey it is free (yes I know the banners pay their bills), and it definately has produced thus far. With a bit more market on my part this could turn into a real traffic generator that see a lot of repeat business. I'd highly reccommend it from what I've seen thus far.

Thanks to those on this forum for their suggestions and imput.

Take care;

Tim

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all

Outblaze offer the co-brand and co-own option, which is free. But does that mean that if you ever decide to sell your site - or at least the email (and discussion forums etc) that's provided by Outblaze - that they'd be entitled to 50%?

I've not signed up so haven't seen all the small print but maybe someone should check it out.

If you make the FREE email an integral part of your site how could you value it in the event of a site sale? Would Outblaze be entitled to 50% of the whole site? Who knows, maybe two or three years down the line you want to sell your site, or have it valued for tax (or divorce!)purposes.

Any views?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if Outblaze ever gets back to me on the sign up I did then i could probably tell you if what they offer is better.

I signed up with their online form, over 2 weeks ago, and haven't gotten a reply since.

If your looking at a branding service that will fully brand your site, so that you could later sell it, your going to need access to the database. You won't get that from any of the free companies that I've seen. It's a trade off for using their services.

If I had a site that could potentially draw 5 to 10 thousand users, then I would look at hosting it with a paid service like Apexmail.com or another that gave you access to your database, or better yet set one up at home and run it.

In my quest to find alternatives I came across a friend of a fri who does just that from home. He runs a Linux server, with two dedicated ADSL lines. He has about 30,000 users on his system. He said he's be will to teach me how to set one up the same at no cost, so I will jump on that. My site is wn't see the same amount of traffic as his does, but it would allow me to offer mail hosting for a small fee to offset the costs of the dedicated lines.

Bright fella from speaking with him. He's an engineer with Nortel and this is a sideline hobby.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When offering these free e-mail services from everyone.net or any other free services, is it possible for you to get the user's e-mail addresses for advertising purposes so that I can e-mail my users weekly?

An alternative is that I would like to host my own e-mail service by using gossamer mail, but it seems like if I was to give each user 4-5 megs of space and I'll have 10,000 members, that will be 50 gigs of space. Is there any other cost effective way? Like for example, a hosting company offering unlimited space? If I can find such fair prices hosting company then I'll probably go for it. I just like the full control, and everything that comes with it.