SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

access denied for user "xxxx"#xxxx.com (using password yes)

when i am trying to connect db i get in this error in web site server... but in localhost it works perfectely....plz any one help

SitePoint Mentor silver trophy
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Basicaly it is telling you the password or username is incorrect.

Have you added a user to the online database?

Quite often if you have a username of say "bolgs" and a hosting account with a username of "fred" the username for the database would be "fred_blogs".

but in localhost it works perfectely
    Do you have a seperate connection file for use localy and online as I doubt both usernames and passwords are the same?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi rubbel
    i hav a doubt in giving the db host name for example im giving 'ftp.mysitename'.....it's correct r not plz reply me

Hosting Team Leader silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that the host, username, and password will not be the same as your FTP information.

Usually it will be in the form of mysql.mywebsite.com or it may be localhost (granted I hope it isn't -- as most hosts should have separate mysql servers apart from their web servers).
    When in doubt, I'd check your admin panel of your host, and see what usernames are setup for your MySQL databases. Maybe change/reset one of the passwords so you know what to try.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to find db host name for power monster servers

hi all,
    i want to know how to find db host name for power monster servers. if any one know plz help me.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by parames View Post
    hi all,
    i want to know how to find db host name for power monster servers. if any one know plz help me.
    You will need to contact your host and ask them.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophy
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you have a control panel go there and from memory there will be three buttons for database management you do not want the Mysql one but either of the other two will give you the user name.

You will need to setup a user and the add that user to the database - one of the buttons I mentioned above will allow you to setup the user and the other will allow you to create the database and add the user to the database.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi rubbel,

i know that but now i want to connect to database from php. so i want to know the db host name for the connection.

when i give "localhost" r "websitename" i get error: access denied for user.

i think the db host name is differs between servers. so i want know how and where i get the correct db host name for my website.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by parames View Post
    hi rubbel,

i know that but now i want to connect to database from php. so i want to know the db host name for the connection.

when i give "localhost" r "websitename" i get error: access denied for user.

i think the db host name is differs between servers. so i want know how and where i get the correct db host name for my website.
    You really should open a support request with your host. That is the best and fastest way to get your answer. If you were with a host I was familiar with I might be able to answer that, but I'm unfamiliar with power monster.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    according to a 30 second google-fu, power monster (Itself likely a reseller of eNom.com) uses cPanel; usually this means their mySQL host is indeed 'localhost', but not always. Check your account information screen, the mySQL setup screen, and if it's on neither of those, contact PowerMonster directly (US Phone Number: 769-287-0032)
    Never grow up. The instant you do, you lose all ability to imagine great things, for fear of reality crashing in.