SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should my keyword tags be the same on every page, or different. If different, why?
    TheWeighWeWere.com - Weight Loss Success Stories from A to Z!

oops, I did it again...re-relaunced July '07

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're going to bother to put meta tags on every page of your site, go with customizing them for each page.

On my site, for example, that would be hard to do. I just use meta tags on my main page and yet the search engines still spider my other pages and content from the main text.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does customization make a difference?

BTW, I checked out your site, and it is wonderful!! I'm not a sports fan AT ALL, but your site design was so well done, intuitive, and inviting that I found myself browsing through several pages.

Your ad placement is great, too. Not obtrusive, but certainly where I could see it, and I clicked through on at least 3 that caught my eye and struck my fancy. So many people put the banners right at the top, and I think that surfers have become conditioned to ignore them (at least I have)

Anyway, I could go on...if you ever add ice skating as one of the sports you cover, let me know...I would be a devoted visitor for life!!

Sincerely,
    Kat

ps Hey, don't forget to let me know why customizing meta tags makes a difference...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Kat
    Why does customization make a difference?

BTW, I checked out your site, and it is wonderful!! I'm not a sports fan AT ALL, but your site design was so well done, intuitive, and inviting that I found myself browsing through several pages.

Your ad placement is great, too. Not obtrusive, but certainly where I could see it, and I clicked through on at least 3 that caught my eye and struck my fancy. So many people put the banners right at the top, and I think that surfers have become conditioned to ignore them (at least I have)

Anyway, I could go on...if you ever add ice skating as one of the sports you cover, let me know...I would be a devoted visitor for life!!

Sincerely,
    Kat

ps Hey, don't forget to let me know why customizing meta tags makes a difference...
    Thanks for the splendid comments Kat! It's good to hear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some search engines use the meta tags, especially the Title tag, to give an indication of the page subject. if you customise each pages tags then each page has the chance of getting a good listing for the subject on that page.

Also include phrases to establish a theme across the whole site as some engines look at the site in total rather than individual pages.
    Simon Conroy,
    PPC Bid Management and ROI Tracking Solutions
    www.BidBuddy.co.uk www.ROIstats.co.uk

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Simon!!