User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Blasting the World of Flash Gaming

Hi folks,

After witnessing the artistic deadness of the vast majority of flash gaming websites, I taught myself a bit of programming and used a good bit of GPL code, determined to do better. Two years later, the result is what I unashamedly think is the best looking flash game site on the Internet. My eyes, however, have looked at it for quite a while, and might have lost a bit of their critical sensitivity. Anyways, take a look, tell me what you think, and don't spare the criticism, as I really do want to make it as professional as possible.

A beautiful flash gaming website: ShatterGames.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi texjm, it's been many years since I've been on a flash gaming site but assuming they haven't changed much it's nice to not be swarmed with ads and flashing banners - I can appreciate the simplicity you're going for.

If I were to be picky you could probably get you hands on a more professional logo - also I personally would rather stick use simple gradient than a metallic photoshop effect.
    And your "<" & ">" arrows that you have going on for your slideshow are off-centre from their containing circles.

But all in all pretty good work I say.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello texjm!

Your site is very nice and very clean. I'm with RyanKing1809 in that it's nice not to see a bunch of strange ads on there. I also agree that you may want to take another look at the logo design; the metallic look makes it a little difficult to read, and if I didn't know the name of the site in advance I would have been confused by the way the "t's" look in "Shatter."

Also, this may just be me but I would have liked to see a full listing of games immediately, instead of having to scroll down the page to see them. Perhaps consider minimizing the descriptive blurbs altogether or putting a list of the games down one side of the page. Then too, most sites have a place to highlight new additions; that would probably be a good idea to have here also.

Hope this helps!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi texjm,

I love the clean design and fast load time on your site. It is also great that you have a user rating feature built in. I think you can benefit from displaying the game ratings on the home page and offer the ability to sort games by overall rating as well as popularity.

Also, I noticed that the social media icons above each game are not all made the same size or resolution. Perhaps some standardization there would further raise the professionalism of the look.

Great job on the site!