Thread: Logo Review.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logo Review.

Looking for a logo review.
    Please know that all the colours can change (so don't pick #1 because it's orange, any of them can be orange).

Not knowing what the logo is for:

1) Which do you like best?

2) Which colour do you like best (or is there another, e.g. green, red, blue)?

Now, knowing that the logo is for a text message voting company,

3) Which one do you think is best to brand with?

734524_10151428136388894_1241000530_n.jpg484785_10151428136378894_761822207_n.jpg397622_10151428136383894_1853033566_n.jpg
    Have I helped you? You could help me.
    Like my business on facebook!
    Text message polls with real-time, live results.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best first, Hand with ballot. First impression - vote, via internet, sms etc.
    For others I'm not sure what it is about. The 2nd could be a delivery services, savings etc.
    And on the 3rd logo, my first impression was correct/incorrect, chat. o.O
    Cheers!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, those are three nice logos. My favorite two color schemes are the light for the second one, and the dark for the third one. I initially am drawn to the third me because it conveys the central idea of the business, but having a red x as part of the logo seems a bit problematic. If I had to change it up, I might see if it was possible to do something with the third logo, but try to minimize the effect of the red x. The real advantage to the third over the first two is that it allows the logo to communicate the two vital pieces of info for your business, first that its a poll business, and second that it has to do with messAges of some sort. The other two seem to simply convey the same information twice, I.e. a picture of a ballot box, and text that sAys the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your first logo looks like a winner. I think the hand represents a personal touch and did you notice the visual play between the hand the ballot form creating the letter "B" for ballotbox? And I like the orange colour scheme best. However you might need to tell us more about your business so we can know what logo best represents it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the top middle logo the best. It is very clear and intuitive depiction of a vote going into a ballot box.

I also like that you have chosen to have the vote and the box in different colors, which adds to the clarity. This is what made it better than the two logos on the left, in my opinion. It was not immediately obvious to me that those two logos on the left were hands with ballots. Took me maybe 2~3 seconds to realize what they were, because it's all one color.

For a text message voting company, I think my preference still stands.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!
    If I may, I think my preference would be if you combined logos #1 and #2. I like the idea of the hand dropping the ballot, but I would prefer to see the actual ballot box as well. I also agree with CozyOrange about the hand; the drawing isn't immediately clear so I'd most likely modify it a bit. Another thought would be to replace the check mark and "x" on #3 with a thumbs up and a thumbs down.

As far as colors are concerned, my favorite color is purple so I am automatically biased. Perhaps try making the outline of the ballot a different color than the hand? I do light the white background as opposed to the colored backgrounds, however.

With the thought in mind that this is for a text message voting company...have you considered incorporating a smartphone into the logo somehow? Not sure how, but if I were you I'd probably get some of the team (or some creative friends) together and brainstorm ideas for ways to do so. The existing logos don't evoke the idea of text messaging, at least not for me.

Hope this helps!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!

I'll see what some of the designs look like with a bit of changes. Not sure about purple though (@So_La)

But I'd still like to keep hearing feedback. In a random sampling around town, #1 is the favourite. Orange, and a green are split. And with a sampling for the targetted demographic, it's split between #1 & #2!
    Have I helped you? You could help me.
    Like my business on facebook!
    Text message polls with real-time, live results.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I definitely prefer #2. (To me, #1 looks like somebody squashing a choc-ice. ) I have a slight preference for the top, two-colour version, but the green version is fine, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like both but I'm going to have to go w/ #2 just because it's the most clear (the ballot going in the box). My first glance at #1, I didn't make out the hand right away. As for the color, I like green the most.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think your first logo is good

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the last logo is totally cool!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your concepts are wonderful and beautifully executed. I think the first two are my favorites. THe one with the hand placing the inserting into the ballot is very nice, and I love the literal approach on the second one. I am less of a fan of the logos with the orange, green and black background because they feel so heavy. Because of that, I gravitate towards the logos with the white background, but again beautiful concept and nice job!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first one is the best, simple, no use of excess colors, gets the point across.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really First one looks amazing... go with it .. hehehe .. its your brand why do you let others to choose .. be yourself dude

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for me #2 the best, but other also good.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the first one with the hand simple and clean and gets the point across.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the firs one is the best for me, simple and effective, I liked the orange better

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I like the first logo best especially the version with the orange background. I don’t know why, but in the version with the white background it’s harder for me to recognize the hand icon as hand… Since there is the discussion mixing version 1 and 2: I think this would be too much and the logo would look to complicated…

SitePoint Member James_Thompson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of all I liked the first one, but I'd better used blue color for the hand with ballot on the gray background.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First 1 is looking so cool , i liked it most out of all.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By far I think yours first logo and color set are the most successful. Simple, to the point and the logo makes complete sense. The orange and grey go well together.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally like the second one. It seems to match the text underneath it perfectly. The first and the second logos represent the text well, I don't know about the third one. The colour scheme on the second logo with a greyish background works really well, however, I could probably say the same thing for the green background on the second one. It really has that simplistic look in it, which seems to be a norm these days.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the color scheme in the middle one. The green color looks good. However, I like the hand in the first one. If you could merge the hand and green color, it will look good

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the first design the best but think it would look better with number 3 colours - green and white on black bg.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree 100% with ozhef. The logo for set #1 with the colors of the dark one in set #3.