SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Enthusiast seohuntanalytics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New website analyzer SEO Hunter - please review our new project.

Hi! Our team (and me ) have created new web analyzer http://4seohunt.com, which provides a lot of useful SEO tools. What do I need from you, my friends - leave comments, tips, advices and a bit of constructive criticism is greeted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea behind it but i feel like it's a lot of information that wouldn't be that useful. For example you have the whois information, why would i need this for SEO? or geo location. It shows my site is located in California which is not true since we are in AZ.. etcIt would nice if there where more SEOmoz type details… Great start though keep it up!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really simple, which is good for something like this.

I would include a footer with some more info. I think a site should always suggest where to go next, even if it's something simple like this.

The contrast should be higher between the logo and background.

Not sure what's going on at the top of the page on the 'results' page, but it doesn't look good. The scrolling text is weird. Rendering error?

Lower on the page is a lot better. This is actually something useful for me and I'll probably use it in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GraphicFusion View Post
    I like the idea behind it but i feel like it's a lot of information that wouldn't be that useful. For example you have the whois information, why would i need this for SEO? or geo location. It shows my site is located in California which is not true since we are in AZ.. etcIt would nice if there where more SEOmoz type details… Great start though keep it up!
    whois info may be used for other purposes and geo location is showed via script, which was written not by us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritanium View Post
    It's really simple, which is good for something like this.

I would include a footer with some more info. I think a site should always suggest where to go next, even if it's something simple like this.

The contrast should be higher between the logo and background.

Not sure what's going on at the top of the page on the 'results' page, but it doesn't look good. The scrolling text is weird. Rendering error?

Lower on the page is a lot better. This is actually something useful for me and I'll probably use it in the future.
    will take a look at this moment

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a nice website, with a nice, clean layout that works well for customer experience and functionality. Though there are a couple of things that degrade customer experience, possible bugs or visual floors; The Massive header after the search with the text (4seohunt.com - a web service that lets you explore any website informations and its history, understand your competitor's website is how to operate, to help you how to optimize your website, increase your website traffic and income.) Moving to the side is very obtrusive and unclear, the text being shown is shown slowly and is thus unappealing as people tend not to wait for slow moving text and would rather move on, thus increasing web traffic bounce rate. The SEO checking tool itself works very well, it is clean, well optimised and does not have any calculation or pulling errors of information from different websites.

I would give this website a 9.5/10 for user experience as it has am amazing, simplistic design, great navigation and a wide set of Search Engine optimization information.
    The thing being to work on to make this absolutely perfect for user experience would be removing that annoyingly large header with the slow moving text body.

Sincerely
    -Ngokillr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for good words.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Idea...with all user friendly features in home page itself to track the website with in a less span of time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We a trying to do the best

SitePoint Mentor bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Overall the site appears fine and has some useful data. I think the site could be improved by including information to help users establish how the data is obtained and also how to improve the current figures.

Unfortunately some of the data is not accurate such as sitemap.xml and Bing showing both indexing and backward links to be zero?

Why is robots menu item not available?
    Last edited by John_Betong; Dec 26, 2012 at 08:19. Reason: spelling: not my fortay
    Learn how to be ready for The New Move to Discourse

How to make Make Money Now with a *NEW* look

Be sure to congratulate Wolfshade on earning Member of the Month for August 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    robots menu is in the process of development, as for the other things - some scripts were written not by us, we've just used API. In general, we are constantly working on our mistakes and are trying to improve our site. Thanks for positive review!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome...i like featured on your site.. i think thats compelete...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone add some more?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You show my location as New York when actually is in California (at least close ?). Traffic shows my increase then decrease which is true but amount is different (at least it says estimate). Good idea and has some good information. May want to tell what the items mean.
    We all need good analyzers.
    -
    Falcon
    Many good Free Tutorials at:
    http://freetutorials.name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by navyfalcon View Post
    You show my location as New York when actually is in California (at least close ?). Traffic shows my increase then decrease which is true but amount is different (at least it says estimate). Good idea and has some good information. May want to tell what the items mean.
    We all need good analyzers.
    -
    Falcon
    thank you for the good words our project is rather new and that's why may have some drawbacks, but we are constantly working on its improvement.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very close to be an ideal website analyzer. Also it is giving a potent combination of social media as well seo parameters. You may do few enhancements like seo suggestions etc. Your total number of backlink counter is not functioning properly.
    Also you can add SERP Checker tool with application. A good initiative but need to produce perfect result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The age of out project is only about 2 months and we strive to improve it constantly, so everything is ahead!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tested the tool with a sister site we have and it doesn't show any google indexing for this site (although all others show up). Strange as the site is indexed (just double checked , and no changes from google). With this test in mind, and as good as it looks, its worth testing as users will be put off.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually LOVE the home page and the faintness of the logo. I would say that's first in a website of your niche. I also like the list of checks you offer because I've never seen such a vast one ever, but I am also not sure if a website like this is relevant still since there are so many of them on the web already. I would be curious to find out if there is something in this website that generates ads or revenue that I am not seeing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, as I have already said, our site's age is only 2 months and we're constantly trying to develop and improve it, so don't judge too strictly! Of course it may have some drawbacks but they will be fixed soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mukluknation View Post
    I actually LOVE the home page and the faintness of the logo. I would say that's first in a website of your niche. I also like the list of checks you offer because I've never seen such a vast one ever, but I am also not sure if a website like this is relevant still since there are so many of them on the web already. I would be curious to find out if there is something in this website that generates ads or revenue that I am not seeing?
    yes, such sites are still relevant. we have google ads on it and hope that in future our site will bring us revenue.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Google information were wrongly set. I think it cannot get the data from Google.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes data from Google, so the problem is not in our service.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice website, design is good, and the loading time is also quite less. Hats off for such a nice site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news! SEO Hunter's Google PR now is 5!